Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh!

• 13-01-2012 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

don't know if it's been said before, But is there a dearer retailer in Dublin than Fresh, I was in their shop in smithfield today, I just could not believe the prices, crunchie €1.15 unreal, been told my sandwich would cost 50cent more for putting in some grated cheese. They had some Terrys chocolate oranges under a banner saying xmas clearance 2 for €5, what the fu*k! you can get a single Terrys chocolate orange in tesco for €1.74.

As usual with these types of rip off shops you have to ask to get your receipt, first and last visit to this store.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

I was in their shop in smithfield today

There is your answer! welcome to Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

been told my sandwich would cost 50cent more for putting in some grated cheese.

so where do you normally go that gives free cheese?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

don't know if it's been said before, But is there a dearer retailer in Dublin than Fresh, I was in their shop in smithfield today, I just could not believe the prices, crunchie €1.15 unreal, been told my sandwich would cost 50cent more for putting in some grated cheese. They had some Terrys chocolate oranges under a banner saying xmas clearance 2 for €5, what the fu*k! you can get a single Terrys chocolate orange in tesco for €1.74.

As usual with these types of rip off shops you have to ask to get your receipt, first and last visit to this store.

Agree, very expensive shop when comparing like with like.

I avoid it at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

so where do you normally go that gives free cheese?

great smart answer. Nothing is free, I was paying for a sandwich, the point I was making was I was able to put corn, lettuce, tomato etc but they wanted an extra charge for cheese.

A very big percentage of people want cheese, so if they advertise the sandwich at €5 this is not going to be the cost for a most people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

great smart answer. Nothing is free, I was paying for a sandwich, the point I was making was I was able to put corn, lettuce, tomato etc but they wanted an extra charge for cheese.

A very big percentage of people want cheese, so if they advertise the sandwich at €5 this is not going to be the cost for a most people.

Presumably cheese is expensive in comparrison to the other salads. They do the exact same thing in our subsidised canteen at work. When i queried it they said they dont classify it as a salad, they classify it as 'protein'. A weak expenation, i would have just prefared to hear that were charging you extra as it costs us a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I think they should be done for false advertising as well. Their sandwiches are far from "fresh". I've had baguettes with blue mould on them before.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

1.15 for a Crunchie, sure you can get a 5 pack of them in Tesco for 1 Eur at the moment.
    The sooner places like this go bust the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I think they should be done for false advertising as well. Their sandwiches are far from "fresh". I've had baguettes with blue mould on them before.:mad:

Best avoid the Cashel Blue sandwiches in future....:P

Advertisement