Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and thoughts wanted

Options
  • 13-01-2012 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi, I want to get the tattoo from 5th Element that leeloo has on her wrist

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/leeloo/images/5th/050cornelius.jpg

I was just wondering is it possible?
    Like the colour of it is very skin like, do you think it would just fade after awhile?
    Would it be hard for a tattooist to get all the dots the same size/straight or is it something any decent one should know?
    Sorry my knowledge on the art of tattoing isn't very high

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

This one? (your link doesn't work).

<grrr this one blocked too! Ah, found another!>

2791868333_13858f2719_z.jpg?zz=1

They're only dots so I'd suggest going to an artist with a steady hand! But yeah looks decent. It's not in a "high wear" area so shouldn't fade (you're getting brown to match right?).

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Yup that one...thanks!!

Yea I want the brown. I think it looks better, kinda natural.
    Would maybe go black if i was to go somewhere other than my wrist, but fairly sure i'm going wrist

The angelfire link was removed (again), so found one on flickr (that's an actual tattoo). Might give you some bearing on what it'd be like/what to expect.

And another (probably the same person).

2790820326_775c1abbd6_z.jpg

yea thats what i want!!! Is that blood or the ink used?

Hmmm i've very small wrists...i wonder are they too small...

I really want this tattoo!!

Here's another image of it...It;s a still I took from the movie and on my flickr page so hopefully it'll stay up :D

6690209931_bc2ae7ee13.jpg
    5th element tattoo by LorraineBrady, on Flickr

bradyle wrote: »
    yea thats what i want!!! Is that blood or the ink used?

Hmmm i've very small wrists...i wonder are they too small...

Blood? I'd say it's just the colour of the ink used. I mean the tattoo will bleed first of all but will heal after a few weeks.

What I'd suggest is to print out the design (this is the only one I found, just remove the maple leaf!).

2959045926_36892cbecc.jpg

So, print it out after resizing the image to fit your wrist and see how it sits. There's not much detail in it and the image is just a sequence of dots so I'd say it should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love that film (was watching it the other night)! If you are worried about the reddish colour not being too clear, you can always get it in black. And as for size, if you are worried about your wrist being too small, the tattooist can draw it out on your wrist before hand, making sure that it's at a size you are comfortable with, and so the message wont be lost.

Hi!!

I know I'm dredging up dead threads here but just thought i'd drop in and say I got it!!!
    Bit the bullet saturday week ago and went for the pale brown coloured version!
    Couldnt be happier!!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Good stuff. Throw up a picture in here and give us a looksee.

It's up!!

I am crap at posting on boards though so i couldnt get it to imbed :(

Advertisement