Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with my Geothermal underfloor heating

Options
  • 13-01-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi, i have geothermal underfloor heating system (neura heat pump) the house is 6 yrs old and 3300sq ft. The system does not appear to be working correctly, in the winter months it runs 24/7 to try to achieve a temp of 19 deg c. I have a target temp of 22 deg c set from 11pm to 8am but is usually around 17.5 to 18.1 at 7.30am this seems to depend on how cold it is outside. My Electricity costs are huge, and i am considering changing the system to run on oil, i would be interested to hear from anyone who uses this system. Also my hot water runs for 16 hrs per day, there ar 4 of us in the house so shower useage not unusually high, also around 1 to 2 loads of washing per day, i am finding some days i also have to boost the hot water during the day as we have none, i have a 500ltr tank, this seems excessive. All the equipment for the UFH is in the garage around 10ft from the house, not sure if this has any bearing on the problems i am having. Another problem is the ground around the heat pump rises and falls depending on weather. in the winter it will rise and then sink in the summer, i had an engineer out a few years ago and he said it was an ice block which made the ground rise, the it will sink as it melts, surely the system would not work efficiently!!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement