Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My no frills fitness journal!

Options
  • 13-01-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Right. Gonna start a log of my progression over the year. Not doing any particular program just gonna work my arse off and eat clean. Started primal diet since 2nd January. Still not 100% but getting there.

Workout today 20mim kettle bell circuit.

10 min of 10swings and 10 pushups as many as possible. Got 11.

10 min of 10 alternating 1 handed swings and 10 goblet squats. Managed 10.

Sweat was pumping off me. Good workout. Finished with 10 min foam rolling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Today workout:

10 min foam rolling & air squats warm up

10 min round of 10 kb one arm swings each arm followed by 10 burpies info kb deadlift.

10 min round of 10 kb snatch 5 each arm followed by 20 seconds plank get ups.

Have to get a new kettlebell. The 12kg I have is too light even though I'm getting a good workout. Will invest in a new 16kg I think

Right so I know I said I'm not following any particular plan but I'm starting crossfit next week so looking forward to it.

Had the first night of the fundamentals course tonight was good, very informative and discovered I could do things I didint think I could. Anyway finished off with an intro wod which was 500m row, 40 squats, 30 situps, 20pushups, 10 pull ups as fast as possible. I managed 6:09 which isn't too bad but could have been quicker if equipment hadn't have held me back!

So more crossfit fundamentals tonight. Worked on push press front squats deads, kb swings thrusters etc. wasn't much o a workout so came home and done a quick 15 min kb circuit. 1 hand swings, goblet squats, kb snatches, sumo deads to high pulls and press ups. Wasn't dying after it but better than nothing

Last night of cf fundamentals course tonight, looking at snatches power cleans etc. looking forward to getting stuck into proper classes next week. Bring on the pain!

Got a bit slack Orr the weekend but back to it today. First proper cross fit session 5 rounds of 10 pull ups 10 push ups and 20 1 arm overhead kb squats. Managed it in 12.58. Then tabatha hollow rocks 20 seconds on 10 off 8 times. Good session looking forward to Wednesday

• Advertisement

Another crossfit session tonight.

Started off with a shoulder press working up to 5x1.

WOD

15 minutes as many rounds as possible of

9 deadlifts x 70kg

12x kettlebell swings @16kg

15 box jumps ( I could only manage step ups!)

I managed 6 rounds Christ was it tough!

1 an a half hours 5 aside last night. Good run out though my back is in bits today. Hopefully it's only a short term thing and I'm back to normal by the end of the week!

Nothin done since Wednesday and disastrous weekend diet wise. Ah well onwards and upwards.

Crossfit today. Jogged down, pull ups on the minute every minute for 10, wod was 21-15-9 over head squat 25 kg and burpy to box jump 20". Managed it in 8.19. Hollow rock after 30 on 30 off x4

Cross fit tonight. Squats working up to 10 rep max, final set was 10 x 85kg.

Wod was 3x 5 minutes amrap 10kb swings and 10 wall balls (of pain). Managed 4 rounds and 10 kb swings first round, 4 and 7 next round and 3 and 8 final round.

Il be expecting the doms in the morning!

Xfit again. Oh squats working up to max set of 3, managed 40kg x3

Wod: 10 thrusters @30kg and 10 box jumps x 5 rounds for time. Managed 8:19 in the end. Not bad

• Advertisement

Xfit last night. Dip progression on the rings and then into the wod

7 kb swings @17 kg, 7 burpees and 21 double unders(I went for 63 single unders) 5 rft. I can't skip for **** so it took me 8:59

My own circuit today. 10 min warm up then as many rounds of 10kb snatch each arm, 10 strict pushups and 15 air squats in 15 minutes. Nothin much but all I could fit in!

X fit tonight. 10 min warm up, 3x3 20kg medicine ball throws (squat and throw behind overhead) 3x3 band resisted sprints high knees then WOD was 21-15-9 pull ups (band assisted for me) sit ups and back extensions. Good work out, very much enjoyed it

X fit tonight again.

Shoulder press 5x3@45kg,

Met con was 100m farmers walk with16kg kb's followed by 10 push press with the same kb's 3 sets of 5 min amrap. Arms were hangin off me! Tough session

X fit Tonight. Tough session. Wall balls I hate!

Strength component squats 100kg 5x3

Met con

3 rounds for time

20 wall balls 20kg ball

skipping 120 singles

10 pull ups chest to bar. (blue band)

Managed it in 10:31

X fit again tonight, ( goin away Thursday so want to get 3 sessions in)

10 sets of 8 pushups on the minute every minute.

Met con:

6 rounds for time 5 pushups 15 burpees and 30 sit ups. Could only manage 5 rounds in 20 minutes.

Finished off with a few deadlifts. Worked up to 146kg rep for 1

More X'fittin today

Strength: Deadlift 5x3 @100kg

Met Con

10 minute rounds for time of 10 box jumps, 10 kb snatches and 3 L pull ups. Could only manage the pullups once and had to move on to the bands. Managed 5 rounds and 10 box Jumps.

was away for a few days so didnt get anything done really other than eat ****e for 3 days solid. :mad: ah well dust your self off n all that. Was out for a good 4 hour walk around town yesterday so that will have to count as my exercise!

Back to it with a vengience tomorrow

Tonight:

Power Cleans 5 x1 50kg

Met con 21-15-9 kb swings (16kg) and burpees.

Wednesday night:

X fit barbell met con amrap deadlift, front squat and push press for 12 minutes. Managed 11 rounds with 5 deadlifts @35kg.

Tonight: X fit, pullup volume set. 4 pull ups on the minute every minute for 10 minutes. Really need a lot of work on the pull ups. Definitely my worst

Metcon was 5 rounds of 90 single skips, 10 pushups and 20 squats. Managed 8:32. If my skipping technique wasnt so piss poor id have managed a much better time.

• Advertisement

went to play a round of Golf yesterday. Was out on the course for 5 hours. Felt like I was hit with a brick in the face by the end of it. Shattered!

Just signed up for my first adventure race of the year. Not a long one, just 40km. Gonna have to try and fit this into my schedule somewhere along the line!

Went for a 30 min jog tonight with the oh. Pace didn't really get me gasping so came home and did a 20 min kettlebell circuit.

10 snatches and 10 pushups x10

10 push press each arm and 10 goblet squats x 5

Bit of lifting tonight. Been a while really enjoyed it. Working up to 1rm of back squat deadlift and press.

Managed 3x1 of 135kg on squat 3x1 of 55kg on the press and 3x1 of 145kg deadlift.

Out for a run last night. Nothing major, clocked up about 5 km.

Back was in a hoop after still feeling it today so Prob gonna have to take it easy for the rest of the week :mad:

Perhaps a bit of walking if anything. Sure what can ya do!

Was feeling very lazy this morning sItting on the couch but got a sudden pang of the guilts so decided to go for a run. Done 12km in 1h 12 min. Not exactly fast but the longest I've ran since August. In fact, only my 3rd run sine August! Definitely put the fitness down to crossfit

Back to crossfit last night. 5x5 front squat for strength component. Had to bow out after 3, shoulder inflexibility just means a cannot do the without my wrists screaming in pain. Met con, 3rft 20 box jumps (24") 15 push ups and 10 wall balls (20kg). Got it in 7.17

Got a 30 minute kettlebell circuit in. Swings, snatches, goblet squats, alternating swings, shoulder press, pushups, shoulder shrugs Turkish get ups.

Crossfit tonight. Power snatch skills work. Met con was 3 rft 50 double unders ( 100 singles for me ) and 10 power snatches @40kg. Managed 7.46

• Advertisement

Did my own workout tonight.

Started off with a 1km run around the block and then straight into a kettlebell circuit consisting of:

6 rounds for time of 15 kb swings (16 kg) over head, 10 pushups and 15 airsquats. Done in 14 minutes.

Next was 10 16kg KB snatches followed by weighted v-ups (using 12 kg bell). Did 6 rounds again for about 14 minutes.

Finished off with kb shoulder press working 6 reps from 20 down to 12 x2 on each shoulder.

Advertisement