Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My no frills fitness journal!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Been slacking on this of late. Was away the weekend so didn't get anything done. Got the head bet off me on Friday night, face only back to normal. Anyways

Back to it Wednesday with cross fit

Squat clean 2x75% 2x80% and 2x85%.

Met con was 7 min amrap of 3 power cleans @50kg 7 burpees and 10 30" box jumps. Managed 4 rds with 3 cleans 7 burpees and 4 jumps. Chest was on fire, couldn't breath felt like coughing up blood. Not good, think a trip to docs is in order.

Today got back to a bit of strength work. Did 4x8 squats@ 80kg 4x 8 leg press @ 120kg and 4x20 weighted lunges ( 10 each leg) then 4x8 shoulder press @ 40kg and 4x 8 15kg dumbbell press. 4x8 bent over rows @ 50kg and 4 x 8 pull downs @ 75kg. Finished off with 4x15 back extensions and some pull up work

Xfit tonight.

Strength was 20 rep max squat. Did 70kg but to be honest I could have went heavier quite easily

Met con was for time 8 jitterbugs (handstand pushup scale) 16 24" box jumps, 12 jitterbugs 24 box jumps and 16 jitterbugs and 32 box jumps. Got in at 7.28

Weight session today. 8x8 bench @ 70kg, deadlift 8x8 80 kg shoulder press 8x8 30kg, squat 1x20 @70kg

Haven't been able to get to the gym the past couple days so did my own session last night. Done 10x10 volume shoulder press, upright rows with bands and press ups. Finished off with 10/9/8/7...... With a kb work out of oh swings 20kg, snatches 16kg and lunges with 20kg bell. Tough work in this heat!!!

Simple band workout this morning. 10x10 rows 10x10 chest flys 10x10 pushups 10x10 rear delt flys 10x10 band squats 10x10 lateral shoulder raises 4x10 shoulder press. Only did the 4 x 10 cause the band snapped and hit me in the face. Bad times

• Advertisement

X fit tonight. Strength was clean and jerk working up to 1rm. Managed to get up to 75kg with one failed attempt.

Met con was 5 rft of 5 thrusters, 40kg, 10 burpees and 200 m run. Did it in 10.43. Was a tough tough session and the heat didn't make it any easier! Cracked out a 5k walk too. Rude not to in this weather!

Tough session in the gym tonight, That heat serves no bloody good in exercise!

Managed 800m run, some warm ups

8x8 squats @90kg
    8x8 bent over rows @50kg
    8x8 Bench @65kg
    8x8 Shoulder press @30kg

Also did a little bit of snatching work, did 3 rounds of 3x40kg and some shoulder shrugs with 50kg. Shattered leaving the gym.

did some mobility stuff when got home with the roller and pain ball. Felt like crying in pain working the IT band. Been left too long! Gonna have to concentrate a lot more on the mobility side of things me thinks!

Crossfit tonight

Strength. Worked up to 20 rep squat of 90kg. Felt good considering I'd a pretty hard squatting session yesterday.

Met con was 5rft of

5 jitterbugs ( handstand pushup scale)
    10x24kg oh kn swings
    20 body weight lunges.

Managed it in 7.23 wasn't the hardest I've done but made me sweat which is the main thing!

Thought I'd mix it up a bit today so went for a cycle. 65km in 2hrs 51 minutes. Feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Crossfit testing tonight. Worked on front squat and deadlift. Managed 65kg on front squat. The squat it's self is easy but my flexibility in shoulders and wrists is pants which equals agony. Deadlift worked up to 1 rep of 140kg. Could have gone heavier but wanted to save energy for the met con.

Met con was 'Helen' 3rft of 400m run 21x 24kg kb swings and 12 pull ups. Managed it in 11:11. That's my bench mark so have to work on getting it down

• Advertisement

Another testing day in crossfit tonight.

Worked up to a 45kg oh squat. Wrists were hurting tho.

Met con was 150 wall balls for time. Managed it in 10:40 so knocked off about 40 seconds off my last time

Quick session tonight in xfit, bit of a warm up and then "cindy" 20 min amrap of 5 pull ups, 10 pushups and 15 squats. Managed 12 rounds and 3 pullups. Have to get learning the kip. Much more efficient. Had to do strict pullups and was shattered after the 4th set.

Headin to spain for the week. Most exercise. Il be doin will be in the pool!

Advertisement