Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finnian McGrath - TD (and Inventor????)

• 13-01-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Did anyone catch Finnian McGrath on newstalk this morning. He was talking about the €42000 unvouched leaders allowance he recieves (along with all other independent TD's, senators get roughly half that)
    He was explaining where the money goes, rent for his constituency office (surely theres an allowance for that already), wages for some assistant (again, surely there's an allowance for that already too) and the rest goes on, wait for it.............Research and Development? WTF:confused:
    He also said the details are up on his website, but if they are they're well hidden! Fúcking chancer!!

I'd have more respect for him if he came out and said it goes on heroin and rent boys. What exactly is the bold Finnian researching and developing do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I'm out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Did anyone catch Finnian McGrath on newstalk this morning. He was talking about the €42000 unvouched leaders allowance he recieves (along with all other independent TD's, senators get roughly half that)
    He was explaining where the money goes, rent for his constituency office (surely theres an allowance for that already), wages for some assistant (again, surely there's an allowance for that already too) and the rest goes on, wait for it.............Research and Development? WTF:confused:
    He also said the details are up on his website, but if they are they're well hidden! Fúcking chancer!!

I'd have more respect for him if he came out and said it goes on heroin and rent boys. What exactly is the bold Finnian researching and developing do you think?

That must be the part, where they claim for expenses, going on holidays to the sun :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

another thread on politicians wages?
    to the politics forum!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

http://www.finianmcgrath.ie/profile/index.html
    The obvious honesty of his personality, policies and philosophy has resonated with the local pub-lic, who voted him first onto the Dublin City Council in 1999 and then into Dáil Éireann as an Inde-pendent T.D. in the 2002 General Election. He values this inde-pendence as it allows him to truly represent the people of Dublin North Central without the burden of party politics and their petty point-scoring.

Is my sp-elling re-ally that bad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Not much information in the linked breakdown, except he seems to be spending a lot on travel for someone representing a Dublin inner city constituency. I'd have thought he'd hardly need to step much outside his door to see the problems that he and his fellow legislators need to solve.:)

Of course, he could say he's taking the broader view and going abroad on fact-finding missions to familiarise himself with sex and drugs problems before they reach Ireland.:rolleyes:

They say Bang Cock is a nice city once you get used to the heat.:D

And, as they say in the Boy Scouts, "Be Prepared".;)

http://www.finianmcgrath.ie/Expenses_Finian_McGrath.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

FatherLen wrote: »
    another thread on politicians wages?
    to the politics forum!!!

I know how you feel, but ffs research and development??
    Come on now. I couldn't believe the interviewer didn't ask what exactly he was researching or developing?
    I'm sick of these brass neck, gravy train, fúckwits, but i couldn't help laughing at his answer!!

Advertisement