Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Ask - We Reply! Bulletin 9

Options
  • 13-01-2012 5:59pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Tankers!

We have gathered some of your more pertinent questions and asked our development team to take the time to answer them for you.

How do you plan to change vehicles? Will it happen all at once or nation by nation with each new update?

We will be going nation by nation with each new update. We will start with American vehicles and later with the Soviet.

There are no new maps In 7.1. How many should we expect in the next update?

We will be introducing two new maps in 7.2 update.

What about new crew skills and qualifications? When will we be able to try them out?

At the moment we are planning to add new skills and qualifications in update 7.2.

Will you consider reducing prices of vehicles and modules for lower tiers? As it stands right now, it is faster and easier to gain experience then credits.

We are looking very closely at this issue and we are considering several changes

It would be great to learn more about new battle modes.

The first two of new battle modes are in the testing and tuning phase now. They will be introduced in the first half of 2012.

Will you reconsider increasing net income/credit gain for SPGs?

If the statistical analysis shows that it is indeed necessary, we will definitely reconsider increasing credit gain.

Have you ever considered increasing credit gain for players in a platoon?

This issue has been off our radars for the time being.

While switching into sniper mode when a tank encountered an obstacle or is situated close to a wall, a window, or an archway, a gun barrel has a tendency to jerk upwards. Will you correct it?

Unfortunately, this particular issue is impossible to correct.

In one of the last Wargaming TV News Blocks there was a mention of the premium Soviet HT, IS-6. When will we actually see this vehicle?

IS-6 will hit the battlefields in the first half of 2012.

Are there any plans to change the gold camo mechanism? Meaning, if I buy several camos for a tank I may use them interchangeably.

As it stands right now, you may purchase camo for a tank and if you decide to switch to a different one, the former will be lost. We are not planning to change it just yet.

Will you be implementing an option of default blocking battle chat messages from ‘prematurely deceased’ tankmen? It is often irritating to get ‘advices and suggestions’ from ‘departed’ especially in the heat of a battle.

We will not block dead players. If they are offeding or annoying you, you may use the report system introduced in version 7.0.

When will you unveil M103?

We will release M103 into the wild in the next update. 7.2 is planned for the first quarter of 2012.

According to your estimates, with a tank of which tier may I comfortably play without having to care about my net credits? The question applies to both, normal and premium, accounts.

Let us consider a situation, when your win/lose ratio is 50/50. Then you can comfortably play tanks up to tier 6 with a normal account, and up to tier 8 vehicles with a premium. However, your credit gain increases with your tank skills and with higher victory ratio.

Do you plan to fine-tune penalty system for team-kill and team-damage? Meaning, will you be fully compensating damage received?

The system needs to be reworked. We are not just quite certain how and when.

Have you given up on tank horns?

Certainly not, tank horns will return after re-tuning and proper fixing.

Can you tell us more about the new spaced armour, in particular the one on IS-3?

On IS-3 spaced armour is located on hull sides and it is 30 mm thick. More detailed scheme can be found here:
    http://www.army.lv/photos/22287.jpg

It would be great to hear about the new game physics. Are you any close to finishing works on it?

The new game physics is being actively tested. Concurrently, we are adjusting it according to the supertest results: fixing bugs and reworking mechanics. However, it should not be expected to appear soon. At first we need to seriously rework all maps. We will change the physics once it properly works on all maps.

Will new German TDs be released simultaneously with the premium German Self-propelled Artillery SturmTiger?

The release of Premium Self-Propelled Artillery SturmTiger is not in any way related to second branch of German TD tech tree.

Will there be a possibility to swap tank crews between nations?

Although you may find tanks of various nations in your garage, you, may not send your French crew in a battle on a German tank, or a Soviet, or an American for that matter.
    Nothing of major interest in there except the American tank replease in next patch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

""The new physics engine is ready and we are satisfied with the way it works. However, with the new engine we’ve uncovered a couple additional things that will need attention – all in-game maps need to be reworked. Things like new and more detailed destruction models for objects and buildings need be created. Maps need to be changed to encourage new tactics that the physics engine will allow. This is a huge under taking. It will fundamentally change the way the game is played in many ways. We feel that it is worth doing, and making sure it’s done right. ""

""There are currently 3 crew skills in the game. Are there plans to add more? And if so can you give an example of a new one?

Yes, there are plans to add many more! There will be 2 types of skills, passive (which works all the time even after first learning the skill, and adding more bonuses once reaching 100%) and other will be active (these will work only when tanker has 100% skill). Gunners, for example, will be able to see what module they have destroyed, while Commanders will be able to warn you whether they are in cover or spotted by enemy.""

""How are you planning to make the top French SPG, with the 155mm gun, able to compete with its counterparts from other nations? Especially taking into account the recent HE changes.

French SPG’s will have bonuses similar to the rest of French vehicles. ""

They gave extra details on the american site as usual :/

I think the physics will make a major change to game play prob won't see it for a while i'd reckon .
    The crew changes sound a little OP though , not the gunner but the commander one , if you know when youre spotted it really changes things for tds , scouts , arty

Sounds like french arty will have a relvolver system

I'm actually really looking forward to these changes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sounds like french arty will have a relvolver system

I'm actually really looking forward to these changes
    I think quickly moving around as arty while nice is going to be over rated (and revolver system is a bit of wasted on arty as the waiting timer is on zooming in usually, esp. if moving around)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

anyone know when the russian tier 9+10 changes are coming out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,349 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

copeyhagen wrote: »
    anyone know when the russian tier 9+10 changes are coming out

7.3 it seems. The US ones are in 7.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 iiansee

To me it would be a great improvement if commander would be able to warn about you being detected.

They weren't blind in real war as commanders, were they? I mean, even if its only a voice warning you but not revealing the aiming tank, it would be very useful.

I hate being shot by one shell coming out of nowhere by surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

iiansee wrote: »
    To me it would be a great improvement if commander would be able to warn about you being detected.

They weren't blind in real war as commanders, were they? I mean, even if its only a voice warning you but not revealing the aiming tank, it would be very useful.

I hate being shot by one shell coming out of nowhere by surprise.
    I think the warning will only be along the lines of if you've achieved 100% cover or not (which you can already check today); not if someone is aiming at you (esp. if you can't see them as your commander would not see them either).

Advertisement