Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada: Pivot Industries Anyone?

• 13-01-2012 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

Any trades people out there at the moment working for Pivot industries in Canada?

There office is in Newfoundland, 7 Plank Road St John's, NL A1E 1H3. Or Pivot Industries
    200 Water Street St. John's, NL, Canada A1N 4N1

The reason i ask, cant find them on the net. But i did meet a rep at the Canada,s East coast trade fair in Croke park in November

Any information on them would be great.

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Done that myself mate. A bit doggey eh:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

I'm in the same boat. I'd have thought if they were big enough to be looking at recruiting overseas they'd at least have a website.

Mind if I ask did you get an email from them asking for a C.V. and talking about interviews and a need for tradesmen in 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Quiet you wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. I'd have thought if they were big enough to be looking at recruiting overseas they'd at least have a website.

Mind if I ask did you get an email from them asking for a C.V. and talking about interviews and a need for tradesmen in 2012?

Ive been all over the net, no sign of them. I got a mail with an online form attachment with my name on it, asking me to fill out my CV details.

Havent sent them anything. I just dont trust it, Who ever it is. For all i know a third party could have got my details from them etc.

The guy at the Trade Fair for pivot just didnt settle well with me. He was not interested at all. Gave very little details. If he represent a company of mine and i found out how represented my Company abroad, he would be shovelling it for the rest of his life.

I was not impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Kippure wrote: »
    Ive been all over the net, no sign of them. I got a mail with an online form attachment with my name on it, asking me to fill out my CV details.

Havent sent them anything. I just dont trust it, Who ever it is. For all i know a third party could have got my details from them etc.

The guy at the Trade Fair for pivot just didnt settle well with me. He was not interested at all. Gave very little details. If he represent a company of mine and i found out how represented my Company abroad, he would be shovelling it for the rest of his life.

I was not impressed.

I got the same email and link. The format was the same as the application they had me fill out at the jobs expo so I figured they just wanted an electronic version that didn't have sloppy handwriting.

I'm starting to think that maybe that wasn't the brightest of moves since I only bothered to research them after I had clicked the submit button which led me to this thread incidentally. However there's not much harm they can do with the information I gave them.

As far as the representative went, he seemed ok to me. He was a bit stand off'ish until I started asking some specific technical questions which warmed him up a bit. I was left with no specifics about pay or conditions though.

To be honest I'm expecting them to offer me a job, then ask for money so they can set up an account and get me a visa etc only to never be heard from again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pivot Industries

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to clarify your questions and concerns about Pivot Industries.

Pivot is an incorporated company in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.

Pivot is a skilled labour contracting company for projects in Newfoundland and Labrador.

We are currently hiring local, national, and international candidates.

For more information please check out our website: www.pivotindustries.ca

Or if you would like to speak with us directly our telephone number is 1-709-687-7750, and our email address is careers@pivotindustries.ca.

Thank you for your interest and we look forward to speaking with you in the future,

Kevin Peters
    Director Pivot Industries

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sunnymilo

I found their ad on fas today and filled out the application. The website seems very badly designed and once the application was filled out it didnt redirect me to a list of jobs they have available. which is what i was expecting to be honest.
    The fas ad said they are seeking 50 electricians yet the website offers no information as to the manner of installation they need them for.
    Seems a bit hinky but hope im wrong:D
    Did a little more snopping and it seems legit. found some articles about 2 of the company directors on bloomberg businessweek website (related to other companies) but still im satisfied that this isnt some kind of "hey heres a job! now just give me your credit card details" sort of timewaste.
    Damn recession makes everyone paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pivot Industries

Hi,

Thank you for filling out the application and visiting our website: www.pivotindustries.ca

Our IT team is currently working on revamping our website. The new site will have detailed job postings and an improved application system.

You can be assured that we do not collect any credit card or banking information.

We currently have a large demand for a variety of skilled trades workers in Newfoundland and Labrador. We will be reviewing the applicants over the coming weeks, and contacting those who are successful for interviews.

If selected for a position, we work closely with candidates to work through the immigration process and help them smoothly transition into living in Newfoundland and Labrador.

For more information about our company please contact us at careers@pivotindustries.ca or call us at 1-709-685-0100

Kevin Peters
    Director
    Pivot Industries

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭pa12

anyone get anywhere with this crowd?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sunnymilo

sent application and then gave them a call sent a follow up email a few days ago. still no word back so guess i was unsuccessful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Brainy Smurf

isn't it illegal to ask you for money to find you a job?

Seems dodgy and wouldn't like to uproot only to end up working 9 hours drive north away from civilisation - bit like The Shining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sean McGann

Hi I applied for a job and did a telephone interview and tried too contact this company after I heard nothing after the interview and they did not have the manners to respond to my email as to did I get job or not!!!!!

Advertisement