Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALWAYS hold onto your surfboard!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

After looking at that clip, if I saw someone flying at me like that, I'd probably do the same, that collision looks unavoidable

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 27 linnanea

rodento wrote: »
    After looking at that clip, if I saw someone flying at me like that, I'd probably do the same, that collision looks unavoidable

Bollocks! Hold onto your board!

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Low Pockets

linnanea wrote: »
    rodento wrote: »

Bollocks! Hold onto your board!

Hey hey, someone with sense:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

my take on this

the longboarder should have held onto his board. cast iron case for that. difficult in that whitewater so maybe should have taken a longer line around it. maybe he tried to hold on and couldn't who knows but it's a man's repsonsibility to makes sure his board isn't swinging about close to other surfers.

the shortboarder is doing aerials into whitewater which is risky in what appears to be a busy enough line up from what could be seen in the video. this is risky business and you got to be willing to accept that fact. there's no way he could have avoided that board once in that position and might not have even seen it just felt it!!

all that aside by jaysus that must have hurt, would have liked to have seen the conversation between the two afterwards if the lad could talk he could have lost a few teeth :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement