Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are the best garbage/recycling companies in Cork City & County?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

Worztron wrote: »
    Hello.

Who are the best garbage/recycling companies in Cork City & County?

Thanks.

they are all rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

O'Donoghue Waste 021 4544004, €10 for household waste, €5 recycling, per lift, no standing charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bofinfan

Thanks that would suit me too.

If you need free bins, watch/advertise on Advert.ie or Gumtree etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Jonathan222

For what it's worth I find Healy's Blue bin the cheapest at €150 for 6 months, for two 240 litre bins collected every second week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

For what it's worth I find Healy's Blue bin the cheapest at €150 for 6 months, for two 240 litre bins collected every second week.

I wouldnt say thats the cheapest at all Jonathan.
    In fact its the most expensive.

Greenstar: 2 x 140 ltr and 1 x 240 ltr
    €133 for 6 months

Country Clean: 1 x 140 ltr and 2 x 240 ltr
    €136.50 for 6 months

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

aujopimur wrote: »
    If you need free bins, watch/advertise on Advert.ie or Gumtree etc.

I know this is kind of an old comment, but do people get rid of bins on those websites? We've moved into a house where the past lots of tenants seem to have had contracts with every bin company in the city, and as a result, there's something like 6 bins round the side :eek:. Is there actually people who'd take them?

There's always takers for free wheelie bins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 259 ✭✭corkplumber

store all the rubbish in your mother in laws and wait for bonfire night

sketchpad wrote: »
    I wouldnt say thats the cheapest at all Jonathan.
    In fact its the most expensive.

Greenstar: 2 x 140 ltr and 1 x 240 ltr
    €133 for 6 months

Country Clean: 1 x 140 ltr and 2 x 240 ltr
    €136.50 for 6 months

Cheers, may be cheaper but I'm looking for a 240 litre recycling & waste bin. CC only offer a 140 litre waste bin for that price.

One 140 litre Green Waste Bin
    One 240 litre blue Recycle Bin
    One 240 litre red Glass Bin (free Text Alert)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cheers, may be cheaper but I'm looking for a 240 litre recycling & waste bin. CC only offer a 140 litre waste bin for that price.

One 140 litre Green Waste Bin
    One 240 litre blue Recycle Bin
    One 240 litre red Glass Bin (free Text Alert)

Unless you have several children in nappies, I don't see how anyone would fill a 240 litre in two weeks!!
    What are you putting in it?

Unless you have several children in nappies, I don't see how anyone would fill a 240 litre in two weeks!!
    What are you putting in it?

You nailed it in one go (although not putting the kids in it), but yes double load of nappies takes up a large amount of space over two weeks.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 samanthac

O'Donoghue Waste 021 4544004, €10 for household waste, €5 recycling, per lift, no standing charge.

so 15 for each collection of the two bins? also, anyone know of any free bins in cork?

samanthac wrote: »
    so 15 for each collection of the two bins? also, anyone know of any free bins in cork?
    Waste €10, recycle €5. check Adverts.ie., Gumtree etc. for bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Whats the story with brown bins? We don't have much general refuse, are they going to look in the bins and check what we dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

The cost for our greenstar bill last year was 255euro which included refuse (140L), recycling, glass and compost. Earlier this year they stopped collecting our compost as there are under 500 people living in our community (there are 499 according to the last census!), so we increased our refuse collection bin size to 240L. We are after getting a bill for 319euro for the upcoming year which includes the larger size refuse bin but no compost collection, that is a massive jump, is this price in-line with other people's bills?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Boots234 wrote: »
    The cost for our greenstar bill last year was 255euro which included refuse (140L), recycling, glass and compost. Earlier this year they stopped collecting our compost as there are under 500 people living in our community (there are 499 according to the last census!), so we increased our refuse collection bin size to 240L. We are after getting a bill for 319euro for the upcoming year which includes the larger size refuse bin but no compost collection, that is a massive jump, is this price in-line with other people's bills?

Yep that's pretty much what our bins have cost with greenstar over the last few years, about 26 a month with a large refuse bin.

Are you mostly putting grass in the compost bin? Anywhere else it could be deposited? Even when pay by weight comes in (for real) next year the compost bin is still pretty pricey for grass disposal. Not sure what we're going to do with ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

We don't have compost collection so it means that we will be paying the highest rate for all food waste collection next year. Do you have compost collection included in the 26 a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

has any other Wiser Bins customers received notification from them that they are going to introduce excess weight charges for the non-recycling bins in the next week or two?
    For example if you have a 240L bin you will be charged extra now if the weight is > 40kg.
    This is despite the government postponing the pay by weight programme for 12 months, I don't know how they are getting away with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭goochy

In my opinion they are all aload of rubbish ! Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

For example if you have a 240L bin you will be charged extra now if the weight is > 40kg.
    This is despite the government postponing the pay by weight programme for 12 months, I don't know how they are getting away with this.

The on-hold regulations were MANDATORY for the companies, with MINIMUM charges set by the govenment. Nonsense regulations...

There is nothing stopping the companies from having any pay-by-weight tarif without those regulations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭noworries2004

Only found out recently that we have being paying for extra weight on Waste bin since Dec with Wiser. Works out at 10-12 euros extra per month. Rang Country Clean and they are not charging for weight(same price as Wiser 159. 6 mths). So will look at cancelling my Wiser collection and moving to country clean.

Kollect.ie, €12 per lift for refuse, €6 for recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Kollect.ie, €12 per lift for refuse, €6 for recycling.

Do they cover Cork? Their website says:

"We are expanding all the time but at the moment we service Waterford City, Ferrbybank, Tramore. If you live in one of these areas and still can’t find your location please contact us on (01) 6859092. "

Kollect, Cork, 021 2428873.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Carbon125

I just looked at the websites of Country Clean, Greenstar and Wiser. None of them have prices up on their websites!

Country clean do at least show the different available packages on their website. Greenstar offers nothing but a phone number and Wiser want you to fill in a form with all your personal details - before they "will get back to you"!

Is this carry-on even legal?

It would be great if people could post details here of what their waste collectors charge them, with size of bins and type of bins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Lekrub

Carbon125 wrote: »
    I just looked at the websites of Country Clean, Greenstar and Wiser. None of them have prices up on their websites!

Country clean do at least show the different available packages on their website. Greenstar offers nothing but a phone number and Wiser want you to fill in a form with all your personal details - before they "will get back to you"!

Is this carry-on even legal?

It would be great if people could post details here of what their waste collectors charge them, with size of bins and type of bins.

I saw the same when I had to recently get bins sorted. It's a pain no one advertise. When I contacted them only a few got back too.

Went with wiser in the end. Best value for big bins (small compost) and can put glass in recycling. So all in 2 big bins and 1 small compost. No room for 4 bins.

155 for 6 months I think. Have an app too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Greenstar charge €27.42 a month for 240L waste and recycling with 140L glass and compost.

I think country clean charge €25 a month.

Wiser I have no idea except for the following, they use Greenstar for emptying all of their trucks so I would be interested in knowing their cost.

I worked for Greenstar until June of this year.

Advertisement