Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptitude test

Options
  • 13-01-2012 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I hope this is in the correct place. I have an aptitude test next week for pfizer and am just wonderung if anyine has been throught this before. It will be on numerical and rules, I hope that someone can let me know what will be involved as I reilly want to get this job. This is the first test that I will have done in a long long time. Any help with this will be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Have you ever done an aptitude test before? I can't advise on what Pfizer's style is but if you have never done an aptitude test, it's not something you can really prepare for imo as the purpose of such tests is to guage your natural intelligence, analysis and numerical skills as well as time keeping.

This is quite different to a test where you can learn everthing off by heart the night before, score 100% and then completely forget everything you learned by the end of that day which I believe is not a true barometer for testing someone's abilities (and which is why I like aptitude tests)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

Pfizer aptitude tests are usually hard.
    Theres a calculations one, one for checking for discrepencies. When i did mine i also had 2 interviews and 2 role play scenarios to do the same time as the aptitude test.
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Happydays123

Thanks for your replys, Yes I have done aptitude test before and found the numerical one ok but wa just looking for some examples for pfizer ones as I did here they are quite hard. Snoopy1 do you have any examples of what you got both in the numerical one and the other one. All I know is that I will have two aptitude test one on numerical and one on something else. any help with this would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭tittle mouse

Hi Happydays i got the email for this as well did they tell you the time yet for the aptitude test?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

Hey all,

Any news on the above thread I'm also going for an aptitude with Pfizer, any update?

• Advertisement

Mucker2020 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Any news on the above thread I'm also going for an aptitude with Pfizer, any update?
    im actually suprised Pfizer are still employing.
    Good luck with the tests

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

Cheers Snoopy,

Why you surprised?

Mucker2020 wrote: »
    Cheers Snoopy,

Why you surprised?
    a load of people took redundancy a couple of months ago.
    I'm just suprised they're hiring again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

The redundancies at that time were specific to certain roles / levels within the operation. The Pfizer facility is quite busy and hopefully will continue in that direction. You would find that at technician level the resources are becoming stretched and if the right calibre of person is available job postings will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

Can anybody please give some examples of the apptitude test?

Tnks Grannie Annie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 cooper18nova

Hi, i got a call for Pfizer aptitude next Monday. I was sent sample Qs on the 2 topics, numeracy and rules they look challenging in comparsion to other aptitude tests i have done although i'll manage away!! Any tips or advice from the people who have sat the test? Did anyone progress and hopefully get the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cooper18nova

Ya so I aced that thankfully!!.. Its not too bad, not as bad as I thought but you'd want to be well prepared all the same. I have some examples if anyone wants help in the future. Feel free to message me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lee2848

hey cooper18nova, could you send me on those sample q's from pfizer as I may have an aptitude test coming up soon with them, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gerfto

Hi cooper18nova,

Could ya send on those sample questions also, as i have an aptitude test next week.
    Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 adodonest

Hello Cooper18nova,

Very pleased to find out you are ever ready to help anyone with sample questions for pfizer's aptitude test. I will be having one tomorrow evening and i wld b more than glad if u can send me ur copy of samples, my email is <SNIP>

Hoping to hear from you soon. thx

• Registered Users Posts: 18 aero1974

I have an aptitude test on Saturday for Pfizer looking for any tips and question

Thanks

aero1974 wrote: »
    I have an aptitude test on Saturday for Pfizer looking for any tips and question

Thanks

You need to be able to look for errors e.g things rounded up wrong, wrong decimal places.
    If you get an interview, gmp is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1 crazykid123

hey guys i have aptitude test for eircom does anyone have a link, so that i can practice plzz guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

SpaceTime wrote: »
    I just did one there for a major company and I'm pretty sure I came out as thick as two short planks.

So much for my years of experience - all based on 12 mins with a migrane headache.

Won't even get an interview now - infuriating and I feel totally stupid.

Never applying for a big corporate again.

Have you tried applying for management position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Ahh ye see, there's ur problem, ur not thick, just slow - ye need practice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi cooper18nova,

Could ya send on those sample questions also, as i have an aptitude test next week.
    Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Morning12

I have an assessment center test involving aptitude test, discussion and role play? Can anyone shed some light on the role play and discussion part of the assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 karim_84

Hi has anyone had any luck getting Pfizer sample aptitude tests? Can u send on if you have please ?

davyb40 wrote: »
    Hi cooper18nova,

Thks

Hi did u get those sample aptitude questions??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Freshfaced

Ya so I aced that thankfully!!.. Its not too bad, not as bad as I thought but you'd want to be well prepared all the same. I have some examples if anyone wants help in the future. Feel free to message me :)

Hey cooper18nova
    Have applied to pfizer and hoping to get called for aptitude test, could you send on your examples...would be much appreciated...been a long time since i did one...dont know what to expect..
    Cheers

For those people wanting to work for Pfizer, you need to be prepared for 12 hour shifts. This is days, nights, weekends, Christmas day etc.
    Also for the women no make up or jewerelly

Lots of fresh faced people start work then realise they cant hack the shifts and the effect on their social life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Freshfaced

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    For those people wanting to work for Pfizer, you need to be prepared for 12 hour shifts. This is days, nights, weekends, Christmas day etc.
    Also for the women no make up or jewerelly

Lots of fresh faced people start work then realise they cant hack the shifts and the effect on their social life.

Thanks Snoopy1
    Yeah have done my research know what the shifts involve..ready to give my all...just hope i get that far..any advice re aptitude test

I already work 12hr shift cycle and love it ....

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hello guys in the same boat due a visit to the centre for Pfizer for aptitude test and role playing interview was wondering does anyone have aptitude test example have done quite a few but don't know what to expect from Pfizer any insight would be great
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 mkamal1992

Hi cooper18nova,

I also have the Pfizer assessment center coming up and I was wondering if you could send me the sample questions you have please.

I would highly appreciate it.

Advertisement