Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hmr accuracy drop

Options
  • 13-01-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just wondering,after how many rounds would it take to affect the accuracy of a hmr rifle,due to fouling? Also, would it be worth having a boresnake in your pocket to run through in the field, say during a long session? Thanks guys.
    LR

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

I used to loose accuracy after a box and a half or 2, a few runs of a snake and 2 r 3 fouling shots and she was perfect again. Hmr fires better dirty imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

my hmr got a pull threw yesterday for the first time yesterday since i got it and god knows when before that (spunk might answer that:p) but its still shooting good groups. i havent fired it yet since but i presume it will take a few shots to get it back on song.

I was getting worried pulling the bore snake through the barrel as the string is pretty narrow and it takes alot of force to pull it along the barrel..

by the way which end should the bore snake be fed in from?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Hmr fires better dirty imo

I would agree after i clean shots are in 2 moa at 100 yards after about ten shots they go back to 1/2 inch.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

garv123 wrote: »
    my hmr got a pull threw yesterday for the first time yesterday since i got it and god knows when before that (spunk might answer that:p) but its still shooting good groups. i havent fired it yet since but i presume it will take a few shots to get it back on song.

I was getting worried pulling the bore snake through the barrel as the string is pretty narrow and it takes alot of force to pull it along the barrel..

by the way which end should the bore snake be fed in from?

Pull it from the action to the tip of barrel , if you do it the other way around all the crud will end up in your action.

Advertisement