Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting paid through Paypal

• 13-01-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am doing some work for a company I'm Australia. The bank charges for both of us are quite high when they pay by bank transfer so I am looking at Paypal as an option.

There are two things I want to know:

1. If I email them an invoice via paypal, can they then pay from their bank to my paypal account? I am hoping they won't have to use their credit card as I don't think they want to pay that way.

2. Will their bank charge them any fees if they pay from their bank to my paypal account? Again, I want to eliminate bank charges on their end so in order to keep their expenses down and make it more attractive for them to keep working with me.

They don't have a paypal account by the way.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'd need to check the PayPal FAQs. Bank > Paypal is only available in some countries - not all
    Whether their bank is going to charge them or not - hard to say, but there's probably a charge of some kind
    And don't forget you will get charged for receiving the money

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Baidin

I use 1st Contact Forex - free account set-up and they charge a set $5 fee for all transactions no matter what value. Costs nothing to receive the money and the exchange rate is usually about 1 cent off the going rate (which is much better than any rate from the Banks and even Paypal).

It's the payer that has to set up the a/c though, not the payee. Money takes three working days to clear - customer service is excellent. There are others who offer a similar service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭RedFly

A little known feature of PayPal is called "Masspay".

While it's not designed specifically for your issue, it can be used.

Your employer send a "mass pay payment" (it's a little more complicated to do) and it costs them $1. Not sure if they are paying by credit card if this is the case.

It costs you nothing to receive.

When you receive it, it costs you nothing to withdraw to your bank account.

I'm still surprised this is still possible. You might want to look into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 pingpipe

Another option is Western Union, they only charge the sender and you could split the fee with them (or credit it back to them on your next invoice)..it might work out to be less fees than PayPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

Keep us posted on how you get on OP, I'd be interested to see if Paypal can be used for the task you describe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement