Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

00 opel astra 1.4 problems problem problems

Options
  • 13-01-2012 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

hi all, ive got an opel astra 00 1.4 petrol and there is a few prolbems with it that i cannot understand to fix.
    first of all the break lights only work when they want too, there was one break light bulb burnt out and the light that lights up the number plate was burnt also. so i replaced these two today thinking that is was a circulatory problem, but this has not fixed the problem.

second, there is an noise coming from the exaust system i jacket up the car thinking there was an hole in the exaust and started at the back and worked right up to the manifold, but there is no hole. i have traced the noise to a small box which seems to be placed under the drivers feet, the noise seems to be coming from this small box.

third, when im driving in first or second gear through our busy little town the car tends to jerk and hop, to stop it i put down the clutch and leave it off as i were going into a gear. if i dont put down the clutch its sorts itself out but not before a great deal of jerking.

fourth, the engine light comes on when im driving sometimes cant remember what colour the sign is, i heard that if its red its bad, and if its green not so bad. im wondering is it because of the exaust or the jerking.

a few problems here i know any help would be greatly appreciated. want to get this fixed pretty soon as i intend to do a lot of travelling in the near future . thanks in advance people

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement