Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it easy to sneak into GA with a seating ticket at the o2 in dublin

• 13-01-2012 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

basically i have a standing ticket for snow patrol on saturday but my friend has a seating ticket, neither of us mind being on our own during the concert that much but it would just be a lot better if we where together so i was just wondering how tight is security at the o2, havent been their in a while (mostly cause its too expensive), and where abouts do they check the tickets? if anyone has any experience sneaking into GA please share! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I did it for Katy Perry.

At her concert the staircase went all the way down to the standing area so it was easy that way.

For a lot of other concerts they have a whole section of the standing area cut off so the front seating watch from a balcony.

I'm not sure how the set up will be for Snow Patrol but you could give it a try if your able to walk down to the GA.

Just make sure there is no security on duty. During my last trip to the O2 there was one standing at the point where you would be directed to your seat so I moved off to another part of the venue where there was no guard standing by the steps.

Text your friend if there is a flight of stairs leading to the GA and meet him at one of the bars.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Same as above, I think it's like that the whole time! you're told where to go to get to your seat on the way in after that just walk down

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭uberalles

Did you get all that security? Be on the look out for .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

stacexD wrote: »
    I think it's like that the whole time!

Not always, when I saw the RHCP the front row watched from a balcony and the staircase didn't lead to the GA.

It depends on the band.

Also be on the look out for security as soon as you arrive at the standing area. As time passes more and more people will queue up behind you.

Once you're reasonably close to the pit no one will check your tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Depends on how much u wana get down to the standing area. we had seating tickets for Kings of Leon and it was horrible where we were sitting. right at the back, so we were going to sneak down but had security everywhere.
    there was one security guy who i asked and he said sorry no....i said how about for 15euro? and he said 'just for you and ur 2 mates??? yea go on'

so we we got down n problem at all. gig was still rubbish tho.

But you can try that tho.....if you have the money lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Snow Patrol won't have steps down to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

it will prob be difficult enought assuming the gig is sold out. as far as i remember, there is a seperate entrance for seating tickets and floor tickets. when leaving the seating area to go to the floor, your tickets are checked, at least that happened me the last time. prob depends on what time ye enter at, if ye are the first 2-3 thousand people in, it might be easier :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement