Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from history and heritage

Options
  • 13-01-2012 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

I was banned by dubhthach from history and heritage for ten days without so much as one warning for Inflammatory comments. It was only one comment which was fairly generalised about how Britain behaved in Ireland. It was by no any worse than some the derogatory almost racist comments made about the Irish language. Saying that it a was hindrance and so on. The thread was very emotive to say the least. A warning would have sufficed here. I am new these boards and not up to speed on how things or done. You think at least there be some sort of warning system in place. Or some sort of process. A ten day ban is completely OTT. Totalitarian even. Is there no room for tolerance for the indigenous point on view on this Irish forum?!? I have already PM’d the mod last night without success.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056464407&page=10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

I have already PM’d the mod last night without success.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056464407&page=10

That is the correct first step. Let us know how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Young ned of the hill

Asiaprod wrote: »
    That is the correct first step. Let us know how it goes.

No problem thanks.

The mod has just ignored my PM.

Thanks for your reply, a CMod will now investigate this for you.

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply, a CMod will now investigate this for you.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Young ned of the hill, did you read the charter before posting?
    Obviously overly racist or inflammatory comments will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Furthermore, any semi-racist (race in this sense includes nationality) will result in a permanent ban.

In addition, statements which are clearly intended as sectarian/religion bashing and add nothing to a thread will be deleted and the poster infracted and/or banned.

You first comment set the tone, the second was just an inflammatory rant.
    They have been killing of our bravest sons almost a millennia... The British have done to Ireland what Yanks have done to the ‘Native Americans’ or what the Nazis have done to the Jews.
    History & Heritage has been under fire recently for the dropping level of contributions, so I am completely behind the mods here who want to cut out this type of posting. Proper historical discussion cannot happen without some boundaries being laid down.

If you wish to appeal this further, reply here and an admin will look at your case.

Dades

Dades wrote: »
    If you wish to appeal this further, reply here and an admin will look at your case.
    No need to, the ban stands.
    Young ned of the hill, as already mentioned, it is advisable to read the Charter of a forum before posting. It will save a lot of problems further down the line.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement