Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding entitlement question

• 13-01-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering does anyone know the answer to this one.

Staff getting married on the Tues after bank hol in May. Its a day off in our place (they picked that day so we can go!). However is she entitled to 7 days then, including the wedding day even though school is closed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭golden virginia

"Seven consecutive calander days leave from the date of the mariage may be granted to teachers who marry during the school term. These seven days include saturday and sunday and must include the day of the marriage. There is no substitution cover for this leave. " ASTI Diary 2012

" On marriage during the school year, the teacher/lecturer is entitled to seven days special leave after the marriage with pay including the day of the marriage and a further seven days without pay. This 7 days includes saturday and sunday. " TUI Diary 2009

it looks to me that she is entitled to seven days including the Tuesday of her wedding. She I imagine would have a case to argue for seven days after the tuesday since its a day off- ( not saying the argument would be upheld - but would be valid to argue) but it sounds from your post this is not the case anyway - sounds like seven days including the tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'd agree with golden virginia. 7 days including the wedding day and the weekend.

Advertisement