Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evergreen Tyres?

• 13-01-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Anyone used these tyres before?

I know they are Chinese made, but my local Tyre guy who I trust swears they are good, he has promised if I don't like them he will swap them out to a Known tyre.
    I usually get Uniroyals or Vredestein from him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

They will be forever green from skidding and driving into ditches/grass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭techie

mullingar wrote: »
    They will be forever green from skidding and driving into ditches/grass

Thanks for that :confused: , just looking for anyone who has actually used these tyres before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

If its a budget thing then I'd sooner buy some premium brand, part worns than fit sh!te from China to my car

Saab Ed wrote: »
    If its a budget thing then I'd sooner buy some premium brand, part worns than fit sh!te from China to my car

Its not a budget thing at all, never buy part worns, as I said I always normally buy either Uniroyals or Vredestein, but he has been at me for a while now to try these???

If you are watching the pennies, I would highly recommend buying part-worn premium tyres instead of cheap chinese sh1te.

A set of 4 premium part-worns should cost 120-160 fitted with at least 5-6mm thread

• Advertisement

Im telling you, some part worns with 4 or 5 mill left and a premium brand will be more than twice the tyre that rubbish from China is. Part worns are fine, dont buy into the Joe Duffy logic on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

their website spells them tire
    so qc is low to middling

http://www.evergreentire.org/

edit (apperently thats how the amerikuns spell it)

Guys, c'mon I always buy decent tyres, all I'm asking is has Anyone ever fitted these tyres???

All companies/countries have to start somewhere and build up, look at Kia, few years ago nobody would touch them with a bargepole now things are different???

techie wrote: »
    Guys, c'mon I always buy decent tyres, all I'm asking is has Anyone ever fitted these tyres???

All companies/countries have to start somewhere and build up, look at Kia, few years ago nobody would touch them with a bargepole now things are different???

Its your life.....and your kids....and those in the car in front when you cant stop..... ;):p

I stand by this comment : There are no good tyres from China.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I work in the trade and have never even heard of them....that may say something?

• Advertisement

I work in the trade and have never even heard of them....that may say something?

Thank you, finally :D
    I will stick to the tyres I know so. ;)

To be honest, I doubt anyone in here would ever consider fitting them due to the nature of this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

To be honest, I doubt anyone in here would ever consider fitting them due to the nature of this forum.

we like cars?
    we have mechanical empethy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Its not a budget thing at all, never buy part worns, as I said I always normally buy either Uniroyals or Vredestein, but he has been at me for a while now to try these???

Start going elsewhere then

Sounds like he's trying to push tyres onto customers that he can buy cheaply and get more profit on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tigger wrote: »
    we like cars?
    we have mechanical empethy?

Or value our safety? I'd far prefer to put on 70% part worns and be able to afford to replace them every year than put on slidery tyres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I always said I never would, and advised people against them etc but TBH had never actually had anything but premium tyres on my cars.

My latest car had 2 fairly new chinese tyres on it when I got it(don't even remember the brand) and 2 firestones, I said feck it, they are almost new and all I do is a straight commute every day, they'll be grand.

When I bought the car the steering wheel was a bit to the left so I said grand, I'll align it in work, checked the alignment...perfect. so I swopped chinese tyres to the back. Driving home that evening, having not adjusted the aligment the steering wheel was now off to th right:confused: and it was raining heavily. The back end stepped out twice while on roundabouts(while doing the same speed as the other traffic in the lanes besie me) and when I hit a section of standing water the back was squirming all over the place.

The next morning......2 new firestones....steering wheel now dead center:rolleyes:, and back to being able to drive up a saturated motorway with one finger on the steering wheel if I like.
    I always said the chinese plastic tyres were rubbush....I genuinly wasn't prepared for how bad they actually are!

I would love to see someone do a study on what tyres cars invoved in single vehicle accidents especially had fitted.....I know what my money would be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I would love to see someone do a study on what tyres cars invoved in single vehicle accidents especially had fitted.....I know what my money would be on.

Like an actually important statistic that could prevent crashes? We know the RSA don't like them anyway :pac:

Saab Ed wrote: »

What were the budget tyres, Accelera??? The frosting in the video moved just enough to make it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭George Dalton

Accelera yes. They are among the worst tyres out there. They can't even be balanced properly in a lot of cases.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kevgib

I know this thread is a bit out of date.

I recently bought a second hand car with 2 of these tyres fitted. Initially seemed OK, first sign of rain showed that these tyres are abysmal, I would agree with the other posters regarding budget tyres - second encounter (Doublestar were the last one's), save money on anything else you want but not on tyres

Advertisement