Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Options

• 13-01-2012 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have about a month to decide what subjects I want to do for my Leaving Cert. I have narrowed it down to 7 subjects (I can only pick 4):

Business
    Economics
    Geography
    French
    Spanish
    Chemisty
    Physics

I would also like to do LCVP if possible and I will probaly have to do a language. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Unlikely that anyone will be able to do more than stick a pin in a piece of paper unless you give us some info about your likes / dislikes subject-wise and what you intend to do after the Leaving Cert!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ahmcd

All the subjects that are their I like. That's why I posted this.

I would hope to do something in the Retail or Logistics area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

French, Business, Economics/Geography and Biology/Chemistry.

French: A European language is needed for most Universities and is useful to learn regardless.

Business: Directly relates to retail or logistics

Economics/Geography: Economics may come in useful if you end up doing a business course at third level. Geography would be somewhat useful for logistics.

Biology/Chemistry: Biology is an easier but longer course. Chemistry is a shorter course but needs understanding rather than just assimilating knowledge. Chemistry is also arguably the more enjoyable course.

So basically; a European language, two business related subjects and a science of some sort just in case you have a change of heart in the next two years. A science subject is needed for most science courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beckyy

If you choose to do a science I would recommend chemistry. It's said to be the most 'useful' science. A lot of courses specify that you must have a science subject and many go further and actually require chemistry. I also think it would lay a good foundation if you had to study physics/biology at third level, or so I've been told :D

Advertisement