Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mixed-race couples

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jude_2010

Oddjob wrote: »
    1. He has a huge cock

can we leave my penis size out of this haha
    I honestly think that's a stupid stereotype. I mean there is a such thing as too bug people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

You'll be grand as long as her Dad isn't a Liverpool fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Hey Jude,

It's Immaculate Pasta here and I thought I'd give you some advice on your problem.

Hey Jude don't make it bad
    Post a sad thread and After Hours will make it better
    Remember to let us into your heart
    Then we can start to make it better

Hey Jude don't be afraid
    You were made to go out and get her
    The minute you let bigots under your skin
    Then you won't begin to feel any better

And any time you feel the pain, Hey Jude, just post
    Don't carry the world upon your shoulders
    For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool
    By making his world a little colder
    Da da da da da
    da da da da

Hey Jude don't let us down
    You have found her now go and get her
    Remember to let put a link of her into this thread
    Then you can also start to make us feel better

So let it out and let it in
    Hey Jude begin
    You're waiting for someone to blast with piss
    And don't you know that it's just you
    Hey Jude you'll do
    The movement you need is on the Atari Jaguar

Hey Jude don't make it bad
    Post a sad thread and After Hours will make it better
    Remember to let us into your heart
    Then we can start to make you feel better
    Better, better, better, better, better, Yeah,Yeah,Yeah

Na na na, na na na, na na na Hey Jude x20

G'luck :cool:

yupyup7up wrote: »
    You'll be grand as long as her Dad isn't a Liverpool fan

hahaha love it
    I've fallen out with many Liverpool friends thanks to Evra :P

Hey Jude,

It's Immaculate Pasta here and I thought I'd give you some advice on your problem.

G'luck :cool:

for F**K sake can i not post a thread without that stupid song being posted hahahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

mikemac1 wrote: »
    And the following post is clearly an agenda

I don't know how you can equate a racist agenda to an anti-racist agenda. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

Millicent wrote: »
    But you assume that the girl, without knowing all that much about her bar her age & appearance, has low self esteem and is rebelling because she might want to go out with a pleasant young lad who happens to be black? No agenda there at all.

It's an assumption, I assume the girl wants to hang around with a bloke who doesn't fit her parents social stereotypes to rebel, he assumes she doesn't want to know him because he's black

Maybe we're both right.

Hey Jude,

Na na na, na na na, na na na Hey Jude x20
    seriously ...20 times? hahahahahhah good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Gnobe wrote: »
    I want racial identity to be blurred, I don't want race essentially recognised and so miscegenation can help destroy it.

I used to think that the message in this song..

What we need is a great big melting pot
    Big enough enough enough to take
    The world and all its got
    And keep it stirring for
    A hundred years or more
    And turn out coffee coloured people by the score

.. was really cool, all idealistic and all, but when I got a bit more critical in my thinking I did a complete 180 and now think quite differently about it.

It's basically calling for a monochromatic uni-cultural world which sounds absolutely ****ing horrible tbh - feckin nightmare actually.

It's the differences between people that make us interesting to each other isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Buceph wrote: »
    I don't think Ireland is as racist as some people make out. I think we're still a bit backward for that. In places like London and America they have a long history of different races being part of their culture, so you get true acceptance as well as true racism.
    Tahaha, really? Check out the number of race riots in the UK or US versus Ireland. Theres plenty of backwards countries out there but they aren't Ireland.

Anyway op, the Irish are the blacks of Europe so its not really mixed race.

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

It's an assumption, I assume the girl wants to hang around with a bloke who doesn't fit her parents social stereotypes to rebel, he assumes she doesn't want to know him because he's black

Maybe we're both right.

It's a pretty harsh assumption to make, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

That's your view, and you're entitled to it, I fail to see the benefits of Western Europe becoming mixed race, though I don't see a downside, I just don't see it happening. As for the nation states argument, that's just studenty nonsense.

Well statistics are backing me up.

25% of babies born in Britain are not white, and this is increasing, this will be the new generation at some point, backed up with more immigration.

Ireland as of 2009 had 7.3% of babies not white, and increasing. See where the signs are going?

As long as europe has a fertility rate below 2.1, we can manipulate this siutation and allow more non whites in, who do have a fertility rate above 2.1, even when living here.

Yep its a shoe in.

It's basically calling for a monochromatic uni-cultural world which sounds absolutely ****ing horrible tbh - feckin nightmare actually.

A monochromatic world doesn't have to be uni-cultural. That's a non-sequitur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But you assume that the girl, without knowing all that much about her bar her age & appearance, has low self esteem and is rebelling because she might want to go out with a pleasant young lad who happens to be black? No agenda there at all.

Maybe we're both right.
    The OP reckons she's not interested in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Tahaha, really? Check out the number of race riots in the UK or US versus Ireland. Theres plenty of backwards countries out there but they aren't Ireland.

Anyway op, the Irish are the blacks of Europe so its not really mixed race.

:p

You've completely missed my point. I was saying we can't be racist because we've pretty much had no other races to be "ist" against (and in that way we're backwards or behind or not the norm, whatever.) That most of what is racist now isn't really because someone is black, but because they're a foreigner or they have a different culture. When we have a substantial portion of 30something black Irish born and raised people is when we'll find out if Ireland is racist. Because until then there are other things that better explain any phobia than presuming someone has a problem with something as new as different skin colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Dudess wrote: »
    That's because after he posted her photo, I performed a reverse image search with TinEye and found her Facebook page. I then sent her a recording of LL Cool J's "I Need Love" and told her it was me (she's only 17, she won't have heard of him).

She's now on her way to meet me as we speak.

Whether it's horrible or not. It doesn't matter. It's happening anyway. :p

Like I say with more liberal attitudes, e.g. Obama's election, increased travel and immigration (essentially the world is getting smaller), the concept should be shoe in. :D

its not so much as she's not interested its just she doesn't fell relaxed. I mean like I said for example we'd be walking down the street, and she'd say . 'God, the looks I'm getting' and then shed act shy for the rest of the day together.
    I honestly don't know what to do I'd actually do anything to help her feel comfortable about it but I just don't know what

El Weirdo wrote: »
    That's because after he posted her photo, I performed a reverse image search with TinEye and found her Facebook page. I then sent her a recording of LL Cool J's "I Need Love" and told her it was me (she's only 17, she won't have heard of him).

She's now on her way to meet me as we speak.

i'm sorry but you did WHAT! ahahahahahaha. I dont know if you're joking or not but ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Buceph wrote: »
    When we have a substantial portion of 30something black Irish born and raised people is when we'll find out if Ireland is racist
    Crap. 400,000 Eastern Europeans and tens of thousands of Africans land in the space of a few years, if there was racism we'd know about it by now. For example in most of Europe we know for a fact that primitive tribal racism is alive, well and widespread, like in the UK.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    A monochromatic world doesn't have to be uni-cultural. That's a non-sequitur.

Yeah it doesn't have to be but I think the gist of the song is a hankering to blur the lines between the differences in people so much as to make them indistinguishable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭hairyslug

As long as my kids dont marry no souless ginger ill be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Jude, you from clondalkin ?

Jude, you from clondalkin ?

no buddy, form Swords

Maybe it's because he's black

Maybe it's because he's a boring prick.

Maybe it's because he has no money

It could be a thousand and one reasons, every bloke had the same problem at that age, it's just we didn't have the skin colour to fall back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Jude_2010 wrote: »
    no buddy, form Swords
    aight, I know some guys down there.

Just thought I'd share love.

its not so much as she's not interested its just she doesn't fell relaxed. I mean like I said for example we'd be walking down the street, and she'd say . 'God, the looks I'm getting' and then shed act shy for the rest of the day together.
    I honestly don't know what to do I'd actually do anything to help her feel comfortable about it but I just don't know what

Have you asked her about it? She's still quite young so it may take her a little while to feel less self conscious. I'd say it's more to do with the stares themselves than any race concerns on her behalf; that sort of attention is difficult for a lot of young women, no matter what the cause.

Gnobe wrote: »
    Whether it's horrible or not. It doesn't matter. It's happening anyway. :p

I think a homogeneous sense of being human is some way off save some massive unifying event like an impending giant meteor strike or a public alien visit or something

Think of Jewish folk and the Roma. Persecuted for thousands of years slaughtered en masse and yet they still have a distinct identity of their own.

/thinkin' out loud.

It could be a thousand and one reasons, every bloke had the same problem at that age, it's just we didn't have the skin colour to fall back on.

wow i'm all of those things.... :eek:

Ah, you're fecked so.

• Advertisement

I was all of those things without the colour and the huge cock, don't worry, it gets better when you get older.

Have you asked her about it? She's still quite young so it may take her a little while to feel less self conscious. I'd say it's more to do with the stares themselves than any race concerns on her behalf; that sort of attention is difficult for a lot of young women, no matter what the cause.

i have and you know how women are ..
    She says there's nothing wrong but in women talk
    Noting could be anything

But you were saying earlier you reckoned apropos nothing that she was getting together with him because of rebelling against her parents.

lads can we drop that argument haha its getting late, besides i need to sort out my dilemma with Marley

But you were saying earlier you reckoned apropos nothing that she was getting together with him because of rebelling against her parents.

I said I was making an assumption, as was he when he mentioned colour. I'm sorry but there's no bandwagon for you to jump on.

i have and you know how women are ..
    She says there's nothing wrong but in women talk
    Noting could be anything

I'd say honestly it's just the attention she hates, not the difference in race. She's sort of seeing you so she obviously likes you. I reckon the rest will follow in its own time. If not, chicks do dig musicians so you're sorted. Unless you play the accordion. Nobody digs that.

lads can we drop that argument haha its getting late, besides i need to sort out my dilemma with Marley

No chance, this is Boards and you're black, someone is going to pay.

Have any local taxi drivers not dropped you home for free?

What about your local Spar? have you ever got shafted on the fillings in your sandwich?

Get her to wear one of these when ye are together?

Yeah it doesn't have to be but I think the gist of the song is a hankering to blur the lines between the differences in people so much as to make them indistinguishable.

Again, you're associating people's skin colour with their cultural likes and dislikes.

Get her to wear one of these when ye are together?

dont you think that's revealing a bit too much :/

• Advertisement

No chance, this is Boards and you're black, someone is going to pay.

Have any local taxi drivers not dropped you home for free?

What about your local Spar? have you ever got shafted on the fillings in your sandwich?

im not sure what you mean by this?

I said I was making an assumption, as was he when he mentioned colour. I'm sorry but there's no bandwagon for you to jump on.
    Bandwagon? What are you on about? I'm merely asking why you're contradicting yourself and throwing out assumptions.

im not sure what you mean by this?

You said in your first post you were black, this automatically means that 95% of this forum will agree with anything you say, it's like some post colonial guilt except we never had any colonies.

It's AH, there's a 140+ posts saying what a nice bloke you are, a fine musician and they'd be honoured if you rode their daughters.

What reaction do you think you'd get if you said you were Finbarr from Blanchardstown and some 17 year old wouldn't give you the time of day because you were a knacker?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Again, you're associating people's skin colour with their cultural likes and dislikes.

I am? :confused:

You said in your first post you were black, this automatically means that 95% of this forum will agree with anything you say, it's like some post colonial guilt except we never had any colonies.

It's AH, there's a 140+ posts saying what a nice bloke you are, a fine musician and they'd be honoured if you rode their daughters.

What reaction do you think you'd get if you said you were Finbarr from Blanchardstown and some 17 year old wouldn't give you the time of day because you were a knacker?

No, people said he was a nice chap because -- guess what? -- he seemed like a nice chap. And what exactly are people agreeing with him on? That mixed race couples are grand? The monsters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

This is a grey area, it's not as simple as black and white.

oh i get you .. well I didn't come here looking for any form of condolence but if people feel that way I cant help it

I think a homogeneous sense of being human is some way off save some massive unifying event like an impending giant meteor strike or a public alien visit or something.

I didn't say everyone immediately will become homogenous, but its getting that way. A majority (which is not everyone) is potentially possible.

The demographics of western europe, America, Australia, etc are changing and its for the good. I predict a lot of these states to become minority-majority states by the second half of the century, which will then turn into mixed race majorities in time. Easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭tim_holsters

Iain M Banks the Culture. I hope it works out like that.

• Advertisement

oh i get you .. well I didn't come here looking for any form of condolence but if people feel that way I cant help it

If I was you, I'd sit the lady in question down and have a conversation. There's no hard questions, only hard answers and if she starts procrastinating, then move on. Most girls at that age don't really have a clue what they want, so it's up to you to decide if what she thinks she wants, matchs what you think she needs.

Advertisement