Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mixed-race couples

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Jude_2010 wrote: »
    Oddjob wrote: »
    You said in your first post you were black, this automatically means that 95% of this forum will agree with anything you say, it's like some post colonial guilt except we never had any colonies.

It's AH, there's a 140+ posts saying what a nice bloke you are, a fine musician and they'd be honoured if you rode their daughters.

What reaction do you think you'd get if you said you were Finbarr from Blanchardstown and some 17 year old wouldn't give you the time of day because you were a knacker?

oh i get you .. well I didn't come here looking for any form of condolence but if people feel that way I cant help it
    It's just paranoid tripe - people only said to go for it because you seem to really like her. That person is just resentful that lots of people didn't say they were greatly opposed to the idea. It's not fuhking post colonial guilt - just not being bothered by a black kid dating a white kid, because sensible people don't see this as a big deal. The musician and big cock stuff is just joking around and nobody said they'd be "honoured" to let their daughter go out with you.
    Seems like there's jealousy towards you too. It's not about giving you "concessions" because you're black - a black person can be a nice person or an arsehole just the same as anyone else.
    That poster is grasping at any reason to find a problem with you - including making shyte up and contradicting themselves - because it's likely they're not a fan of blacks.
    If you were Finbarr from Blanchardstown who's white and presented himself in the same way, people would also be supportive of him. Calling himself a knacker is a moot hypothesis seeing as you put yourself across positively.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

If I was you, I'd sit the lady in question down and have a conversation. There's no hard questions, only hard answers and if she starts procrastinating, then move on. Most girls at that age don't really have a clue what they want, so it's up to you to decide if what she thinks she wants, matchs what you think she needs.

You'd really want to take a good look at how you interact with the world around you.

Do not do the bolded part, OP. You can't decide for her. She'll come to a decision on her own. What you can decide is whether you want to keep waiting on her in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

Dudess wrote: »
    It's just paranoid tripe - people only said to go for it because you seem to really like her. That person is just resentful that lots of people didn't say they were greatly opposed to the idea. It's not fuhking post colonial guilt - just not being bothered by a black kid dating a white kid, because sensible people don't see this as a big deal. The musician and big cock stuff is just joking around and nobody said they'd be "honoured" to let their daughter go out with you.
    Seems like there's jealousy towards you too. It's not about giving you "concessions" because you're black - a black person can be a nice person or an arsehole just the same as anyone else.
    That poster is grasping at any reason to find a problem with you - including making shyte up and contradicting themselves - because it's likely they're not a fan of blacks.
    If you were Finbarr from Blanchardstown who's white and presented himself in the same way, people would also be supportive of him. Calling himself a knacker is a moot hypothesis seeing as you put yourself across positively.

So I'm resentful, paranoid, jealous, a liar, and not a fan of blacks?

Or women, apparently, seeings as someone has to do their thinking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Jude_2010

Millicent wrote: »
    What you can decide is whether you want to keep waiting on her in the meantime.

I've waited this long so it couldn't hurt to wait a bit longer right? ;)

• Advertisement

I've waited this long so it couldn't hurt to wait a bit longer right? ;)

Definitely not. :) How long do you like her and how long are ye kind of seeing each other?

You'd really want to take a good look at how you interact with the world around you.

Do not do the bolded part, OP. You can't decide for her. She'll come to a decision on her own. What you can decide is whether you want to keep waiting on her in the meantime.

Where did I say he decides for her? I said he decides, himself, if what she's looking for is what he is.

He has no duty towards her, he has to look after himself.

Only going by your posts - don't blame me. Maybe you're not those things in other contexts though. I don't know - just like you don't know the OP.

Or women, apparently, seeings as someone has to do their thinking for them.

You might want to learn to read posts a bit closer, where did I suggest that?

Definitely not. :) How long do you like her and how long are ye kind of seeing each other?

I've known her since 1st year of school but iv'e only had the balls to approach her a while ago
    .. we've been hanging out for about a month and five days now could be four days not too sure :cool:

• Advertisement

Where did I say he decides for her? I said he decides, himself, if what she's looking for is what he is.

He has no duty towards her, he has to look after himself.

That's not what you said:
    Most girls at that age don't really have a clue what they want, so it's up to you to decide if what she thinks she wants, matchs what you think she needs.
    You might want to learn to read posts a bit closer, where did I suggest that?

See above quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

You said in your first post you were black, this automatically means that 95% of this forum will agree with anything you say, it's like some post colonial guilt except we never had any colonies.

It's AH, there's a 140+ posts saying what a nice bloke you are, a fine musician and they'd be honoured if you rode their daughters.

What reaction do you think you'd get if you said you were Finbarr from Blanchardstown and some 17 year old wouldn't give you the time of day because you were a knacker?

Jaysus, I've read some shyte in my time. Can you not see that people are being nice to him because he's new to boards and comes across as a pleasant, nice, young lad? Do you suppose people have always been nice to young Tom (now Old Tom) because he's from Birmingham?

Never heard such horsesh1t in all me life!.

I've known her since 1st year of school but iv'e only had the balls to approach her a while ago
    .. we've been hanging out for about a month and five days now could be four days not too sure :cool:

And have ye gone out properly or are you still just kind of meeting up?

That's not what you said:

See above quote.

And? How is that telling her what to think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I've known her since 1st year of school but iv'e only had the balls to approach her a while ago...
    Are you a post-op transsexual, too!?

Wow, you're ticking a load of boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Bullchomper

FFS - If some degenerate looks/makes comments/has a below 70 IQ opinion on who dates who, then thank **** they have enough time standing around making ridiculous judgments and not procreating because the infamous gene pool would soon turn in to a infested swamp.

And? How is that telling her what to think?

The poster doesn't get to decide "what she needs". Maybe it was an unfortunate choice of phrasing but I'm sure you can see how that would be misread.

Jaysus, I've read some shyte in my time. Can you not see that people are being nice to him because he's new to boards and comes across as a pleasant, nice, young lad? Do you suppose people have always been nice to young Tom (now Old Tom) because he's from Birmingham?

No idea what you're on about, and even less interest.

And have ye gone out properly or are you still just kind of meeting up?

we had just been meeting up with other friends.
    About 3 weeks ago, before Christmas, she asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with her and I was sort of surprised because usually the guy asks the girl out but I obviously said yes. That's when i kind of guessed she was interested.

That was also the day we got a few looks from people in general. So during the movie I knew there was something on her mind because she was acting strange but I didn't want to say anything.

we had just been meeting up with other friends.
    About 3 weeks ago, before Christmas, she asked me if I wanted to go see a movie with her and I was sort of surprised because usually the guy asks the girl out but I obviously said yes. That's when i kind of guessed she was interested.

LOL -- you cotton on quick! :D
    That was also the day we got a few looks from people in general. So during the movie I knew there was something on her mind because she was acting strange but I didn't want to say anything.

Have you gone out since?

• Advertisement

The poster doesn't get to decide "what she needs". Maybe it was an unfortunate choice of phrasing but I'm sure you can see how that would be misread.

Of course he does, in any prospective relationship, do her needs not come into it? And if he decides they're unrealistic, or unsuitable to his plans, then he opts out.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Are you a post-op transsexual, too!?

Wow, you're ticking a load of boxes.

ha no ..
    Its just, you saw her picture right? she is just amazing. I just never thought I stood a chance till a while ago :p
    Its sounds like such a cliché hahahah

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dogwoodflower

mixed couples make beautiful children!

Calm down, they're only seventeen!

LOL -- you cotton on quick! :D

Have you gone out since?

not the two of us alone but don't get me wrong, we still talk and stuff but, I feel its not the right time to ask her out again till I sort it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

I'm very drunk right now, so i'm not even sure what thread i'm in or what issue i'm addressing.
    But i'll tell ya one thing for nothing; it's probably political correctness gone mad, whatever it is.
    That's always the problem.. the political correctness going mad.

No idea what you're on about, and even less interest.
    It's not that difficult to follow, in fairness.

I'm Danzel Washington black ..
    hows that for you? ;)

Okay, I'm obviously a nutter, but I don't suppose any other posters put a hyphen between the Washington and the black, and then formed a mental image of the OP in a Top Hat and monocle, nervously (while trying to make a good impression) introducing himself to the young one's parents?

Sry bout that. I'm still chuckling to meself.....I'm easily amused.:o

hahahahahahah I am only seventeen but I'd love a half-cast kid or any kid in general, just not now haha. I'm not ready to be on a reality TV show called 'Teen mixed parents' just yet ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I think this is possibly one of the most ****ed up posts I have ever read on boards. I dont even know where to start :confused:

Yup, and all Eastern European women are beauty queens and African Americans never leave a tip.

Okay, I'm obviously a nutter, but I don't suppose any other posters put a hyphen between the Washington and the black, and then formed a mental image of the OP in a Top Hat and monocle, nervously (while trying to make a good impression) introducing himself to the young one's parents?

Sry bout that. I'm still chuckling to meself.....I'm easily amused.:o

i find both that and your user name funny

Yup, and all Eastern European women are beauty queens and African Americans never leave a tip.
    Nobody is saying anything of the sort - you're strawmanning frantically.

not the two of us alone but don't get me wrong, we still talk and stuff but, I feel its not the right time to ask her out again till I sort it out

And are ye friendly enough that you could say to her, "Listen, I noticed that it kind of bothered you when people were looking at us. Can I ask why?" or something along those lines. If you keep putting off talking about it, it'll mushroom until you can't.

I think this is possibly one of the most ****ed up posts I have ever read on boards. I dont even know where to start :confused:

Start at the start and when you get to the words that you don't understand, give me a shout or else ask your teacher on Monday.

Though it is late, so if your index finger gets tired from reading, start again in the morning.

• Advertisement

I thought throwing around generalisations was acceptable?

And are ye friendly enough that you could say to her, "Listen, I noticed that it kind of bothered you when people were looking at us. Can I ask why?" or something along those lines. If you keep putting off talking about it, it'll mushroom until you can't.

I did just that a couple days after and she said no not at all but its obvious she was lying

I did just that a couple days after and she said no not at all but its obvious she was lying

Have you any mutual friends or are there any friends of hers that you would trust to talk to her instead?

Have you any mutual friends or are there any friends of hers that you would trust to talk to her instead?

I kind of know a few but not too well to tell them you know that i mean?. Ill try again though

Start at the start and when you get to the words that you don't understand, give me a shout or else ask your teacher on Monday.

Though it is late, so if your index finger gets tired from reading, start again in the morning.
    If she finds it fuhked up, which it is, it doesn't mean she's thick.

We get it: you resent others accepting difference, it doesn't mean we think members of other ethnic groups are all flawless though.

• Advertisement

I kind of know a few but not too well to tell them you know that i mean?. Ill try again though

I get you. Any of your friends who she might talk to? (It'd be easier to get one of her friends to chat to her though).

I thought throwing around generalisations was acceptable?
    Not a generalisation - it's what you're doing. Strawman: taking a bit of vague information and embellishing/twisting it as a flimsy argument.

We get it: you resent others accepting difference, it doesn't mean we think members of other ethnic groups are all flawless though.

Are you drunk? Seriously, jog off to bed. You're starting to spout **** now. If Jude and this young one get it together, then fair play to the both of them.

I suppose if you have 30,000 odd posts, then the vast majority are going to be total bollocks.

Are you drunk? Seriously, jog off to bed. You're starting to spout **** now. If Jude and this young one get it together, then fair play to the both of them.

I suppose if you have 30,000 odd posts, then the vast majority are going to be total bollocks.
    Contradicting yourself again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

the offspring look like zebras,fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

You clearly have your own issues oddball, thankfully the majority of society dont share your views.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Are you drunk? Seriousl'y, jog off to bed. You're starting to spout **** now. If Jude and this young one get it together, then fair play to the both of them.

Judging from some of your posts i've read, you're doing a good impression of someone not au-fait with the basic tenets of logic; the 'points' that you've made, that i've read, are based on supposition, ie, built on sand.
    Therefore, given that you've decided to set up camp in a glass-house, you really shouldn't be hurling stones.

Contradicting yourself again...

I'm going to leave you to it, finish your last bottle of tesco's wine, let your 16 cats out and hit the bed.

On a totally unrelated matter, I'm guessing you're single?

That's not a come on by the way, I've started self-harming about 90 minutes ago.

I'm going to leave you to it, finish your last bottle of tesco's wine, let your 16 cats out and hit the bed.

On a totally unrelated matter, I'm guessing you're single?

That's not a come on by the way, I've started self-harming about 90 minutes ago.

Well, maybe you should consider reading your posts before hitting the send button.:pac:

Well, maybe you should consider reading your posts before hitting the send button.:pac:

I started reading yours before I reached for the knife.

• Advertisement
Advertisement