Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there anywhere in ireland preferably near dublin selling exotic beers?

• 14-01-2012 12:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

I already tried wheelans of Kevin street dublin

Fresh on Kevin street

Off licence in blanchardstown

And the celtic whisky shop dawson street (best place)

Now when I say exotic it has to be crazy exotic cause I've tried a lot
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭poitinstill

drinkstore stoneybatter. more than you've tasted i bet also on www drinkstore.ie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Or Redmond's in Ranelagh. Between the two of them they have most of what's on sale in Ireland. DrinkStore don't always have everything out on display, though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Fresh on Kevin street

What's crazy exotic? Drink store, Redmond, devenys etc might order in specially for you if its a large order, and you might be able to buy on the internet if you make the necessary customs declarations.

L Mulligan grocer occasionally get in some unusual stuff too, but that's a pub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Check out drinkstore and see if you find something that interests you there. Their store in stoneybatter is very small, but the guys in there are very helpful, Im sure if you called in they'd get you something exotic that you havnt tried already!

What do you mean by exotic? Give an example of a beer you would consider exotic?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Fresh on Kevin street

Give us an example, are you talking really mad exotic stuff like Harp or even the extremely rare Smitwicks?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Try some of the Belgian stuff (sour cherry beer, flower beer, etc some even served in glasses resembling laboratory equipment, that like the drinker can't stand up without support.

Better still go to Brussels and do a tour of bars sampling the products of 500+ breweries.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Give us an example, are you talking really mad exotic stuff like Harp or even the extremely rare Smitwicks?

I assume he means more exotic than what is currently on sale perhaps some obscure Trappist beer or something made from stuff other than water barley hops yeast and//or wheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Blackjack

The "Next Door" off licence in Kimmage (across from Superquinn) have a very good selection, good deals too, like 4 or 5 for 10 euro on a lot of stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

There used to place in Dundrum village that sold some really cool beers. Can't remember its name, or whether its still around.

There is also a place in Rathmines that sells you DIY beer kits. Create your own micro brewery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Denerick wrote: »
    There used to place in Dundrum village that sold some really cool beers. Can't remember its name, or whether its still around.
    Deveneys.
    Denerick wrote: »
    There is also a place in Rathmines that sells you DIY beer kits. Create your own micro brewery!
    Mybeerandwine.ie

Advertisement