Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking help from Irish Anglers!!

Options
  • 14-01-2012 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

My name is Dana and I am a marine scientist, formerly from UCD. I am now working with a research group at UBC in Vancouver, Canada in an attempt at putting together a 'Reconstructed Catch' record for Ireland that will be included in a global atlas. This will include official landings, in addtion to estimates for discarding, illegal fishing and recreational catches. The recreational catch part is proving quite difficult and I am wondering if anyone on this forum can help me. If you have a second, could you answer the following questions? The more people that respond the better!

1) How many times do you go sea angling per year?
    2) Each time you go sea angling, OR per year (whichever is easiest) how many fish do you typically catch? - how many catch-release, how many retained?
    3) Which species do you catch a lot of and which do you catch occassionally? (marine species only)
    4) To your knowledge, from 1950-onwards, would you say sea angling activity has increased, decreased, or stayed the same in Ireland?

Thank you so much for your help! Please feel free to forward this on to others as well. Responses can also be sent to my email at danadmiller@gmail.com

Best,
    Dana

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭slaneylad

like to help but I'm not a sea angler, best of look with your research.

Advertisement