Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF UCD??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nannerlm

My own experience with UCD so far as a mature, 20-something student studying Music has been outstanding. The faculty have been professional, are truly dedicated teachers, and while it is true the library really needs much improvement, the staff themselves are very helpful, and overall it is MUCH easier to use than Trinity. My own experience with Trinity was bleak - the courses were a mess, the lecturers very highly regarded academics with little interest in teaching. I could not recommend UCD highly enough, though reading some of the posts here it is clear the choice of program is crucial too.

Like anything, it is impossible to make sweeping statements like UCD is crap, or UCD is great - each student's experience will differ based on faculty, resources, support and, most importantly, what they are used to/where they are coming from.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Tupamaros

nannerlm wrote: »
    My own experience with UCD so far as a mature, 20-something student studying Music has been outstanding. The faculty have been professional, are truly dedicated teachers, and while it is true the library really needs much improvement, the staff themselves are very helpful, and overall it is MUCH easier to use than Trinity. My own experience with Trinity was bleak - the courses were a mess, the lecturers very highly regarded academics with little interest in teaching. I could not recommend UCD highly enough, though reading some of the posts here it is clear the choice of program is crucial too.

Like anything, it is impossible to make sweeping statements like UCD is crap, or UCD is great - each student's experience will differ based on faculty, resources, support and, most importantly, what they are used to/where they are coming from.

+1

My experience has thus far been extremely positive. The staff in SPIRe are extremely professional and I have faced no problems with my course. My lecturers have been friendly and approachable apart from with emails with can prompt one line responses, if that (which is understandable to be honest given their workload). I'm thinking though, as a masters student, lecturers have more respect/time for you as a rule.

TBH it's a bit sad to have lecturers worrying about the state of the library and asking students to make sure when accessing journals to do so through the library to ensure this is counted by the system, and therefore the journal sub is more likely to be retained. UCD is a great college, it needs the basic resources.

Advertisement