Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smokey smell in Rathmines?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys,

this might be a complete waste of time since I can't imagine the forum to be very busy at this time but I am staying in Rathmines tonight and myself and my friend cannot sleep at all because of this annoying smokey smell.
    It is not from her house by the way.

I think someone must have lit up their fire due to it being quite cold today but the smell is awful. I can't see smoke outside (but its a bit foggy now) but we could even smell it on our hair after standing in the front yard and all. There is no smoke physically visible in her house but that smell is in the back of our noses. The house is well ventilated etc but we have to keep the windows closed because it's so annoying! (yet we can still smell it inside)

Anyone in Rathmines know where it's coming from? Could such an annoying, lingering smell be caused by someone's fire??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I'd say it could just be pollution hanging in the air (wild guess) because I got a very smokey smell yesterday night around Ballsbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Yeah, I think there was some weather condition last night that contributed to this. I cycled along the coast road from Irishtown to beyond Blackrock and it was like that in general - the smell of smoke was pretty distinct in many places. I also saw smoke coming out of chimneys and kind of wafting along and dropping rather than rising as it normally does.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Thanks guys, that's crazy the way air pollution can be so heavy. I think you're both right because when I arrived in work this morning in the South City area, all of my colleagues commented on a smokey smell in a few of the offices. Crazy!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I got this smell up the road in Rathgar as well! I thought one of our neighbours had a turf fire going or something?

Advertisement