Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching a match for 90 mins

Options
  • 14-01-2012 2:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

this thought crossed my head while playing FM 12 last night while abit drunk i must admit but has anyone ever watched a match for the whole 90 mins and if so what were their reasons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I've thought about this before and I have to say, the only thing that ever comes to mind is this:

Nobody, in the history of the earth and all that is Championship/Football Manager has EVER sat and watched a 90 minute match in this game!

Surely??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've thought about this before and I have to say, the only thing that ever comes to mind is this:

Nobody, in the history of the earth and all that is Championship/Football Manager has EVER sat and watched a 90 minute match in this game!

Surely??

I bet you there's someone out there playing in real time.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I bet you there's someone out there playing in real time.

They're probably playing Championship Manager 2002 and is now in present day Premier League.

His team is built around Sebastien Dassler, Saloman Olembe, Kevin Hofland, Hugo Viana, David Bellion and Javi Portillo!

Cherno Samba would've been in there but Real Madrid bought him for £100m!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Don't forget Kim Kallstrom

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

And Jan Kristiansen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Mathew Spring, just a serious baller, making the jump from Luton to the Premiership no bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I'm sure you'd gain much more tactical knowledge about the game and your tactics would be ridiculously advanced.

I don't look much beyond ratings and stats to be honest. Watching the match itself is more for excitement purposes and I don't think I gain that much tactical knowledge by analysing where the 3D players move to.

I keep meaning to put highlights on extended for Cup Finals and International Tournaments to make it more exciting but I keep forgetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

MrStuffins wrote: »

Surely??

I have....

And never again will I.

THE most boring thing I've ever put myself through, and it was back in the day where you could only watch the top down view. After about the 5th minute I knew it was going to be a challenge to get to the end but, somehow I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Technically, I have but i dont know why I did what I did. I started the match, watched about 10 minutes before going off and browsing the web, checking back for a few minutes every few minutes.

Never again, gained absolutely nothing from it.

Advertisement