Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fee's for DCU?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, just filled out my CAO form and I put down a few Level 8 courses in DCU. I also applied for the HEAR scheme which I am fully eligible for.

Can anyone tell me what sort of fee's I will be looking at even after the HEAR scheme?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

How do you mean by fees? You'll have to pay a registration fee anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭DJDontaz

polkabunny wrote: »
    How do you mean by fees? You'll have to pay a registration fee anyway.

Yeah I know but surely there's more than just a registration fee?
    Thx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

DJDontaz wrote: »
    Yeah I know but surely there's more than just a registration fee?
    Thx.

If you're an EU citizen and this is your first undergraduate degree than no, that's it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

If you're an EU citizen and this is your first undergraduate degree than no, that's it
    You probably know that the registration fee is €2,000, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

€2,225 after the last budget if I'm not mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Yeah it's €2225 before grants.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

The County Council third level grant pays the registration fee, apart from a "student services" element which I think is around 135, maybe someone could confirm?

Also you need to budget for textbooks, labcoats etc. The cost of these varies depending on what course you are doing.

:)

Good luck with the Leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭polkabunny

The County Council third level grant pays the registration fee, apart from a "student services" element which I think is around 135, maybe someone could confirm?

I'm on the grant with my local County Council, the fees charged by the government were covered by that, and I think I had to pay something like €65 myself. I can't remember exactly what the figure was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

extopia wrote: »
    You probably know that the registration fee is €2,000, right?

of course i do, i had to pay it, i just meant that under those conditions the reg fee is what you pay, not full fees

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Hi,
    I totted it up last night, and if you were a cold independant foreign national, from outside the EU it would cost around 25,000+ euro per year for FEES alone. As an irish citizine I see about 2250. Im at that stage of paying fees for my kids, and when you look at it from that perspective, 2250 is a great deal.

If you really want to become voilently ill........take a look at the US, and the costs students/guardians there are lumbered with. A lot of younger folks are force to join the army to get assisted education. Thats how Bradley Manning ended up in Iraq. The costs are obscene there I`m told. Colleges are run as private profitable businneses there, rather than to provide a guaranteed national service to society in general. I heard figures of $250,000 + for fees for a 4 year degree course. Jim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

I get the maximum grant for some living near the college. €38 a year

Advertisement