Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another assault

Options
  • 14-01-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

A young fella stabbed with a screwdriver outside Istanbul last nite.

What the hell is happening to this town ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It is literally full of scum late at night, alright thats a bit much, but the minority of scumbags has grown considerably and the level of violence used has increased from what I see.

The drugs and the recession have not helped matters

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

kryogen wrote: »
    It is literally full of scum late at night, alright thats a bit much, but the minority of scumbags has grown considerably and the level of violence used has increased from what I see.

The drugs and the recession have not helped matters

Your forgetting the big one.ALCOHOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

just heard on 2fm they caught an 18 year man

Gardai are doing a search of Micheal st now looking for a murder weapon wonder if if connected with this assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

murder weapon.

:eek:

was the guy killed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

Funfair wrote: »

was the guy killed?
    Don't think so, I heard that he was in hospital on the news. This is not new though, I remember coming out of preachers (showing my age!!) and there would be full scale fights going on every Saturday night, we had to get locked into coney island one night it was so bad. Used to be the same after the Roxy too, I saw some choice goings on after that place and the guards were never anywhere to be seen! They need to have a garda presence in the town at night but seems like things have not changed in that respect.

was the guy killed?

I overheard a Garda saying "search for a murder weapon" not sure if it's connected with this assault or another incident not in the media yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

I drove through that area last night at 11.30 and there was no one on the streets, like a ghost town, so it was not big crowds caused anything for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Saw a right row on johns street last was about 3am, all young lads going hell for leather.
    Listening to news reports the age profile fits the stabbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

'twas purely a case of a scumbag out with a bag of cans and a screwdriver just looking for someone to start on. I mean what normal person carries a screwdriver or a hammer around with them. God be with the days when a fight was fair and the worst would happen would be a black eye or broken nose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

A young fella stabbed with a screwdriver outside Istanbul last nite.

What the hell is happening to this town ???

Well let's hope the new garda cctv caught all this on camera , they should have s very clear view of Istanbul unless they had it faced up the cork rd or something ....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

allgirlz wrote: »
    Don't think so, I heard that he was in hospital on the news. This is not new though, I remember coming out of preachers (showing my age!!) and there would be full scale fights going on every Saturday night, we had to get locked into coney island one night it was so bad. Used to be the same after the Roxy too, I saw some choice goings on after that place and the guards were never anywhere to be seen! They need to have a garda presence in the town at night but seems like things have not changed in that respect.

Tbh this is the case in a lot of areas. There really is fcuk all garda presence in towns in general. If nothing else the sight of them acts as a bit of a deterrent but I dunno if its just down to budget or nobody who calls the shots actually realising this.

just heard it on wlr it seems the young lad was stabbed a few times :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Need to take these feckin scumbags like the hammer guy and screwdriver man and remove them permenanetly from society. They have been and will only be a burden, drain, leech, blight etc on society. No one will miss them and the country will be a better/safer place without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Can anyone confirm whether it was a phillips or a flat head? I'll take a PM, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

allgirlz wrote: »

Tbh this is the case in a lot of areas. There really is fcuk all garda presence in towns in general. If nothing else the sight of them acts as a bit of a deterrent but I dunno if its just down to budget or nobody who calls the shots actually realising this.
    I'd be happy to pay a few extra percent in tax if it means more Gardaí on the street.

Can anyone confirm whether it was a phillips or a flat head? I'll take a PM, thanks.

Seriously :confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dayshah wrote: »
    I'd be happy to pay a few extra percent in tax if it means more Gardaí on the street.

Me too but it rarely means that unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Me too but it rarely means that unfortunately :(

Get onto the TD's, it's due to the embargo on new recruits and the high number of retirements that there are less Gardai on the street. And especially at 4am you'll have very few on, and they also have to cover the entire Waterford City and parts of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Get onto the TD's, it's due to the embargo on new recruits and the high number of retirements that there are less Gardai on the street. And especially at 4am you'll have very few on, and they also have to cover the entire Waterford City and parts of the county.

OK Thats true and yes incidents and crimes can /will happen in places Hillview ,Cherrymount ,Passage ,Ballyduff etc etc but how often , its a numbers game ,they surely know where the hot spots are i.e town centre , every f**king weekend ...

Its not rocket science....

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    [/B]

OK Thats true and yes incidents and crimes can /will happen in places Hillview ,Cherrymount ,Passage ,Ballyduff etc etc but how often , its a numbers game ,they surely know where the hot spots are i.e town centre , every f**king weekend ...

Its not rocket science....

It's true, it isn't rocket science, a monkey could plan it, but it's down to numbers.

Just like every city centre (usually) every weekend, but you still can't put Gardai there if there are no Gardai to put there... You'll notice some weekends there are more Gardai present at a time than others, it all depends on the amount working and other calls. Some nights could go by with very few calls, other nights could be non-stop, and you can't predict calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

There was a full moon this week :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Our problem lies with the courts.

We need proper sentences in this country and concurrent sentences ( in most cases) should be done away with.

We would actually be doing these lads a favour by locking them up for a few years, letting them think about what they've done and saving them from their own actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

The victim was a 23 yr old man, stabbed in the face, neck and back. The scumbag who apparently carried out the attack was an 18 yr old. Im not sure if this happened outside Istanbul, I think it was more towards centra. The ambulance crew was working on him in the doorway of mojo after 4 so weather he walked across the street after the attack or what.

There was a man suspected of carrying out the attack arrested shortly after.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0114/waterford.html

This town in gone to sh!t. Are 18 yr old's really walking around with screwdrivers in their pockets. And Ffs he stabbed him in the face and neck. I hope the fukcer is tried for attemted murder. Serious punishment is needed.

The victim was a 23 yr old man, stabbed in the face, neck and back. The scumbag who apparently carried out the attack was an 18 yr old. Im not sure if this happened outside Istanbul, I think it was more towards centra. The ambulance crew was working on him in the doorway of mojo after 4 so weather he walked across the street after the attack or what.

There was a man suspected of carrying out the attack arrested shortly after.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0114/waterford.html

This town in gone to sh!t. Are 18 yr old's really walking around with screwdrivers in their pockets. And Ffs he stabbed him in the face and neck. I hope the fukcer is tried for attemted murder. Serious punishment is needed.

Wont happen this fella will be walking the streets tonight probably after being released and a "file sent to the DPP" :rolleyes: even if he was sent down for attempted murder he would be back on the streets by time he 25 , and he will feel even more invincible and hard man then to cause more trouble ...

dayshah wrote: »

There's enough carnage on the streets without bringing them in..

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/two-gardai-are-jailed-for-role-in-ferocious-arrest-assault-2927894.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Wow, so two gardai get jailed because of assault and you tar and feather the whole lot of 'em?

Who would you ring if your house was broken into tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

jo06555 wrote: »
    Wont happen this fella will be walking the streets tonight probably after being released and a "file sent to the DPP" :rolleyes: even if he was sent down for attempted murder he would be back on the streets by time he 25 , and he will feel even more invincible and hard man then to cause more trouble ...

True, I just find it an absolute disgrace that this man walked around with a screwdriver, and at 4 in the morning decided to put it into another young lads neck.

He has no excuse, a glass bottle could have been picked up of the street, but this lad went out with a dangerous weapon and actually wanted to cause harm.

Scum of the highest order.

I'd ring the guy's neck and then maybe the ambulance..

more then 2 Garda, the barracks is a breading ground for headbangers :)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/garda-who-rugby-tackled-prisoner-in-cell-denies-assault-2967848.html

• Advertisement

I'd ring the guy's neck and then maybe the ambulance..

more then 2 Garda, the barracks is a breading ground for headbangers :)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/garda-who-rugby-tackled-prisoner-in-cell-denies-assault-2967848.html

So, ah, 3 Gardai out of approximately 150 is signs of a breeding ground for "headbangers"... Wow. Just, wow. I guess everyone that lives in Waterford then are hurley swinging, screwdriver carrying, hammer using, murdering bastards??? Or am i tarring the whole city with the actions of a few... Must be awful high up on your horse.

As for the case, without discussing the case, i'd imagine the worst he will get will be assault causing serious harm. Unless the victim dies. Very few get tried for murder, or even found guilty of manslaughter. There's an awful lot to prove in murder and manslaughter cases.

Advertisement