Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor "Bill shock" - "no longer active"

Options
  • 14-01-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

Went way over my limit last month - huge bill.

There used to be an unofficial cap on data charges with Meteor - an operator today told me that it's "no longer active"

Can anyone verify this please ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,223 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Never heard of it, I always presumed the opposite was true. I'm afraid your grasping at straws there, 3 are the only one's that put a cap in place, not sure if meteor can even do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

There is a data roaming cap inside the EU of 50 EUR with all operators.

Did you go over your allowance with data? Ring Meteor and plea with them, it has worked for others and it might for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The data cap is €50 ex vat, so just over €60, but this is while roaming on another network

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I got capped by O2 while on holiday. $60 gone in one day, I don't know how I did it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Is it possible to hijack credit on prepay ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,223 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yup, the Shinners have it down to a fine art.

Advertisement