Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Le Creuset frying pan handle

Options
  • 14-01-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

Any woodturners on here making replacement handles for le Creuset cookware?
    I need a frying pan handle preferably in Elm, I can buy one on ebay but would rather try and find a local source, keep it local and all that kind of thing.
    anyone?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I can do this for you but I have no elm at the moment - what other timber would you accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Anything that is resistant to splitting.
    The original handles are Teak or similar.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

Would Mahogany do?

Or Iroko?

Both are stable and not prone to splitting.
    I would go for Iroko - it's a bit stronger, I think.

• Advertisement

rajbahal wrote: »
    Can I use a non-stick frying pan in an oven if I remove the handle?
    Don't see any reason why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Yeah, Iroko would be fine, I wonder how it holds up to heat?
    I suppose I'll be finding out!
    Do you need the old one to take measurements off? Or will I measure it?
    I was thinking that I wouldn't mind a chunkier handle one that doesn't have so many curves, more like the fat pot handles that I linked to.
    It would be stronger as well.

Probably holds up to heat as well as most timber - I don't really know.
    I'll send you a pm.

Advertisement