Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eggs!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

I Used to work in a Taxi Office and one night. The door man got hit with a an egg from skangers in a honda civic. Feken idiot's the got stuck behind taxi a few yards l8r. And the doorman then thanked them personally

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭orangebud

can you blame them when they see the bankers getting away with ****
    LOL someone had to bring up the bankers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 wienstien

was walking past nui with a group of friends last week and got a bunch of tomatoes lobbed at us and got called " i bunch of moshers!"
    was egged last christmas as well.

and on halloween, while in a taxi to a house party, a person i have conversed with on several occasions threw a banger at the vehicle.
    He sure got a shock when i met him the next day and gave out ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I walked down Taylor's (at lunch maybe) before and saw a car full of young lads pelt a mother walking her 4/5 year old home ón scoile. This was at the Bus Stop/Entrance to the (awesome) pitch & putt.

The chaps briefly stopped at the lights but I'd no chance of reaching them. I could however identify a clatter of grey geansaithe in the car and it's model & license plate.

So with that in mind and with the two women comforted, I paid a trip to St. Mary's where to my surprise the 3 chaps were still hanging out by the the car. It was then that I spotted Liam Sammon (Galway football legend & at the time St. Mary's teacher). I proceeded to point out to Mr. Sammon the 3 boys and explained what went down.

I was called in to tell the principal/vice principal (Mr. Fanning) what happened. After following up a bit later he told me the 3 boys were suspended.

Maybe a year later I met Liam Sammon and refreshed his memory. He told me that the lad driving had his sh1tty corsa taken off him by his parents & his insurance cancelled!

Great success. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Herself got it full whack on the leg and we both limped home covered in egg shells! She has bruising on her leg this morning.
    They weren't hard boiled eggs by any chance :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

They weren't hard boiled eggs by any chance :D

I think you're eggsagerating the scale of the issue. Although I've had un'ouef of these types of attacks.

Also,I wonder if those eggs were stolen.. I've been hearing about a lot of poached eggs recently....

Sorry, I'm only yolking......

*gets coat* >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I walked down Taylor's (at lunch maybe) before and saw a car full of young lads pelt a mother walking her 4/5 year old home ón scoile. This was at the Bus Stop/Entrance to the (awesome) pitch & putt.

The chaps briefly stopped at the lights but I'd no chance of reaching them. I could however identify a clatter of grey geansaithe in the car and it's model & license plate.

So with that in mind and with the two women comforted, I paid a trip to St. Mary's where to my surprise the 3 chaps were still hanging out by the the car. It was then that I spotted Liam Sammon (Galway football legend & at the time St. Mary's teacher). I proceeded to point out to Mr. Sammon the 3 boys and explained what went down.

I was called in to tell the principal/vice principal (Mr. Fanning) what happened. After following up a bit later he told me the 3 boys were suspended.

Maybe a year later I met Liam Sammon and refreshed his memory. He told me that the lad driving had his sh1tty corsa taken off him by his parents & his insurance cancelled!

Great success. :D
    Ha brilliantly done silti.

They probably hadn't paid their 'games fee' either, the hoodlums.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Irishgoatman

I think you're eggsagerating the scale of the issue. Although I've had un'ouef of these types of attacks.

Also,I wonder if those eggs were stolen.. I've been hearing about a lot of poached eggs recently....

Any more like this and the thread might get laid to rest!
    Or the mod might go soft on you of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Get your coat and scramble out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Get your coat and scramble out of here.

Alrite - I guess I'll just scramble back into my shell, like the chicken I am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

The pro-action on some of these posts are eggscellent! A cracking read ;)

Rightfully so the perpetrators must have been shell-shocked when they got found out and were punished! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

bagels wrote: »
    I recollect a court case in recent years concerning an innocent lady who'd lost an eye after being struck with an egg thrown from a vehicle.
    By all means report the incident to the Gardai and insist on making a statement.
    Gardai have access to cctv that may enable them to find the vehicle.
    From there, a word in the ear of the registered owner, etc and further action if necessary.
    If you don't get any satisfaction from the gardai, i suggest you then contact a public representative who is involved with the local policing board.

hopefully the guards take these kind of things seriously. They have a habit of laughing in your face when you go in to report a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Fuinseog wrote: »
    hopefully the guards take these kind of things seriously. They have a habit of laughing in your face when you go in to report a crime.

I've experienced that myself.
    Always ask the Guard for his name & number.
    If you're not satisfied with the way you're received, ask for the 'unit' or 'station' sergeant and so on up the chain of command.
    I find that if the Gardai believe that you're serious then they'll act accordingly.
    Pity though that the minority give the rest of them a bad reputation.

Ficheall wrote: »
    Is it acceptable to retaliate when one has been egged?

A friend of mine was egged in town one night, and then the little scumbags drove around again, obviously to either see what damage they'd done, or to find their next victim. After they drove past us they got stopped behind traffic at lights, so we got the reg and reported it, but nothing ever came of it.
    We could instead have run up to the car and done some damage. Would this have been acceptable?

if someone gives you a box, is it acceptable to hit back? yes. let them explain to mummy and daddy the circumstances that led to the car window being smashed. let the parents bring to you court and see who supports them.

bagels wrote: »
    I've experienced that myself.
    Always ask the Guard for his name & number.
    If you're not satisfied with the way you're received, ask for the 'unit' or 'station' sergeant and so on up the chain of command.
    I find that if the Gardai believe that you're serious then they'll act accordingly.
    Pity though that the minority give the rest of them a bad reputation.

its probably not intentional on their part, but its the way it comes across and maybe a reaction to the fact that they are massively understaffed and have very little power.

egg throwing may not even be a criminal offence.

it used to be commonplace for a driver to splash pedestrians when driving past. it became a fineable offence in some countries. i mean when you think of someone throwing a bucket of oily greasy water at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

It is alright, I remember reading in the news that guards were warning people after a nurse lost an eye a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Obviously there's not a specific offence of "throwing eggs at passers by" but I'd imagine this would be treated the same as any other form of unprovoked assault.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

it used to be commonplace for a driver to splash pedestrians when driving past. it became a fineable offence in some countries. i mean when you think of someone throwing a bucket of oily greasy water at you.

Eh it still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Assault is assault, whether hit by a 2x4 or an egg (it's already been mentioned that an egg can cause a serious injury, depending on how it hits. Does no one remember those kids science programmes where they showed you how strong 3 eggs were by standing on them?...but..I digress :p)

Spitting is considered assault. The only thing about the car splash and damage to your clothing, is it would be harder to prove as intentional.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Assault is assault, whether hit by a 2x4 or an egg (it's already been mentioned that an egg can cause a serious injury, depending on how it hits. Does no one remember those kids science programmes where they showed you how strong 3 eggs were by standing on them?...but..I digress :p)

Spitting is considered assault. The only thing about the car splash and damage to your clothing, is it would be harder to prove as intentional.

in Dublin they have become strict about spitting. They are posters up in the luas saying you cannot spit at the dude who asks you for your ticket.

• Advertisement

in Dublin they have become strict about spitting. They are posters up in the luas saying you cannot spit at the dude who asks you for your ticket.

It's a sad day when we need those posters.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

inisboffin wrote: »
    Our definition of assault is sufficiently broad to include the Martian Heat Ray from War of the Worlds and those "Mosquito" devices that fast food barons decided would be a good idea to keep the teenagers from congregating outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Surely the intent and the weapon don't matter: if you apply force on another person, that's assault.

Now it would be a mad guard who charges you for assault for nudging someone with your little finger. But technically, it's still assault.

AFAIK anyway.

Robbo wrote: »
    Our definition of assault is sufficiently broad to include the Martian Heat Ray from War of the Worlds and those "Mosquito" devices that fast food barons decided would be a good idea to keep the teenagers from congregating outside.

In some cities in The States, the fast food barons (namely the M one) play cranked up country and western music to keep away loitering teens. Truth!

JustMary wrote: »
    Surely the intent and the weapon don't matter: if you apply force on another person, that's assault.

AFAIK anyway.

By intentional I meant, that they got you soaked on purpose vs it being because you were close to an area where water collected on a road, and cars drove through it. If the latter, perhaps there is recourse to City Council or RTA or someone, but good luck with pursuing that ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Was looking through an old thread seeking when illegal parking would be eradicted and found that a poster had mentioned eggs being thrown 3.5 years ago in salthill.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55835033&postcount=7

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Happens alot along college road. Idiots screaming abuse from cars, spitting/throwing eggs. Pisses me off so much that these cun.ts think they can intimidate people and get away it. Imagine if your parents were walking home and got abused and objects thrown at them.

Last week a car of 4 people did this to me. I was minding my business and got spat at and screamed at.They got caught at the lights, and with the music blasting they didn't take much notice of me running up to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 383 ✭✭Mike747

Had an egg thrown at me tonight on the the Dock Rd, just missed me. Only got half his reg unfortunately.

Be an awful shame if the **** woke up and found his tires slashed...

Advertisement