Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC iPlayer

• 14-01-2012 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Possible to get this working on PS3 from Ireland.
    Tried with a UK PSN account, but no joy.

Need a UK proxy type thing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

Use unblock-us.com
    All instructions are on the website. It is subscription based which might put you off. Its $4.99 per month. It does offer a weeks free trial

BBC Iplayer working great for me, as is ITV player and 4od.
    Also Netflix USA.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 don630

brock92 wrote: »
    Use unblock-us.com
    All instructions are on the website. It is subscription based which might put you off. Its $4.99 per month. It does offer a weeks free trial

Also Netflix USA.

how did you get the bbc iplayer in your ps3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Download it with a UK account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Download it with a UK account

Did u have to pay for the ad block or did you just download it using a UK account?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

James__10 wrote: »
    Did u have to pay for the ad block or did you just download it using a UK account?

You can download the iplayer on a UK account.
    You won't be able to watch anything in Ireland unless you use the us-unblock or something similar.
    You had to sign in to use the iplayer(I did anyway), so I'd imagine after your free week trial you would lose access.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    You can download the iplayer on a UK account.
    You won't be able to watch anything in Ireland unless you use the us-unblock or something similar.
    You had to sign in to use the iplayer(I did anyway), so I'd imagine after your free week trial you would lose access.

Are there any free alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Does it give you SD or HD?

Are there any free alternatives?

Really, us-unblock is $5, approx. E4 - less than the price of a pint.
    Do you have a laptop/pc? If yes, then you can watch the iplayer for free.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Really, us-unblock is $5, approx. E4 - less than the price of a pint.
    Do you have a laptop/pc? If yes, then you can watch the iplayer for free.

Yep i've a laptop, Can I watch the iplayer free of charge on the ps3? if so how?

I have €4.50 on my 02 money card so I might as well buy the ad-block for the month.

When I sign up for it what do I recieve? Can I download the ITV and BBC player to the ps3 menu like the Netflix and RTE player?

• Advertisement

If you sign up for a PSN UK account you will get iplayer & itv player.

I dont think it'll work in Ireland

I dont think it'll work in Ireland

It will with the us-unblock.

It works after using us-unblock settings

It works after using us-unblock settings

What/How do I use those settings? Is it simply by changing the DNS codes?

What/How do I use those settings? Is it simply by changing the DNS codes?

You set up a UK account on your PS3 - you download the itv and bbc player. You can't access the content as you are in Ireland, however, when you use us-unblock you will have access to the content.

Setting up us-unblock

Go to Network Settings. Then Internet Connection Settings. Select Custom. Keep going to the right until you see DNS Setting. Select Manual.

Type in Primary as 208.122.23.22.
    Type secondary as 208.122.23.23.

Then test your connection.

Restart your PS3.

Its free to use for 7 days

Really sorry! but how do you create a PSN UK account?and you just sign in with that and where you can download the iplayer?
    Really appreciate all the help here!!

Register here:
    uk.playstation.com/registration/

Then sign into PS3 with your uk login & password.

The Iplayer show appear under TV services if it does not you need to update the Playstation Home menu.

Once it appears under your UK account you can logout and log back in under your usual login and Iplayer should be there also.

Thats great cheers lads.

Is it possible to download the tv3 player to the menu?

• Advertisement

double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

No

Register here:

The Iplayer show appear under TV services if it does not you need to update the Playstation Home menu.

Once it appears under your UK account you can logout and log back in under your usual login and Iplayer should be there also.
    Thanks again!enjoying the iplayer now with my kids!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Register here:

I was just wondering what you mean when you say "you need to update the Playstation Home menu"

I've registered a UK account, which appears to work as I've gotten the Playstation Store in £'s. Under TV services I have gotten Netflix and LoveFilm, however, no BBC iPlayer. Under TV Services, using my Irish account, there is a tab called "My Channels" and I can add RTE Player using that. However, using my UK account, there is no "My Channels" tab under TV Services and no option to add BBC iPlayer.

Anyone have any idea how I can add iPlayer? It would be very much appreciated as its driving me crazy, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Never mind. It worked today after I installed the latest update.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Also Netflix USA.

How did you get ITV/UTV Player working?

I have BBC iPlayer and 4oD running no problem, also Netflix US as I subscribed to Unblock us but when I try to access UTV player it asks for a postcode and any ones I try dont work..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

I set up a UK account and got the BBC player but when I try and run it I get prompted to enter an email address. But it won't actually let me enter an address. Anyone else have that problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

I set up a UK account and got the BBC player but when I try and run it I get prompted to enter an email address. But it won't actually let me enter an address. Anyone else have that problem?

From what I've been led to believe if you sign up for the unblock-us service rather than just enter the DNS settings, the e-mail address you used to register ($5 a month) is then used to allow you use the BBCiplayer.

If you go to the internet browser and search for the bbc iplayer in google and clicl on the bbc iplayer home and from there you can input your email address you used in signing in unblock us and go back to bbc iplayer you download that should be working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭gammon_steak

don630 wrote: »
    If you go to the internet browser and search for the bbc iplayer in google and clicl on the bbc iplayer home and from there you can input your email address you used in signing in unblock us and go back to bbc iplayer you download that should be working now

Thank you.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

How did you get ITV/UTV Player working?

I have BBC iPlayer and 4oD running no problem, also Netflix US as I subscribed to Unblock us but when I try to access UTV player it asks for a postcode and any ones I try dont work..:confused:
    I can't get ITV Player working either, despite using postcodes from a variety of different regions, so would also like to know how to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Bump, has anyone any idea which postcode will get ITV/UTV Player working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Bump, has anyone any idea which postcode will get ITV/UTV Player working?

Mine runs on my british account without a postcode even though I'm using unblock-us. So maybe set up a british network account and try that.

Advertisement