Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comrades Marathon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Check out this Comrades prediction calculator:

http://www.sportsdigest.co.za/comrades.shtml

I played around it for a bit. It roughly equates a 3:09 marathon to a 7:30 Comrades finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

belcarra wrote: »

Opus - Have you booked anything yet? I have been in email communication with the Irish Comrades ambassador and he's already been very helpful with more to come. He mentioned that this formula is a good indicator of finishing time for next June:
    {2 x (Marathon PB time + 30mins)} = Potential Comrades time.

Looking like I'd be just outside the wire for the Silver Medal (7h30) but at least there's plenty of time to get the training in to rectify that situation!

Booked a Comrades package with these guys for the w/end of the race, my friends are arriving a day or two later & will be renting elsewhere in Durban so I'll join them for the rest of the holiday then. Just really wanted the days around the run to be taken care of so it would be one less thing to worry about!

Had a brief chat with Krusty about Comrades in Dungarvan on Sunday so thought I'd drag this tread back to life. Is it just belcarra and myself running it in June?

I'm using the P&D 18 week up to 85 mile plan except that the MP runs are slower & I'll probably extend the longest runs out a bit distance wise. Apart from that I've three marathons, the Donadea 50k & the Connultra between now & then so hopefully if I get through all those will be ready to face those hills come June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Sorry to say Opus but I won't be doing it this time around. It just didn't suit this year. I'd hope to try and have a decent shot at 7:30 so another year or two's training will give me a better shot at that.
    Looking forward to hearing how you get on though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good article on the Comrades marathon by a very solid marathon runner: Doug Curtis. Well worth a read. Didn't realize Alberto Salazar was a previous Comrades winner.

• Advertisement

Good article on the Comrades marathon by a very solid marathon runner: Doug Curtis. Well worth a read. Didn't realize Alberto Salazar was a previous Comrades winner.

Thanks for that! It's getting threateningly close now so I'm that stage of both dreading & looking forward to race day :)

Advertisement