Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New router

Options
  • 14-01-2012 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I have decicded to ditch my netopia because its poo.So i was wondering whats a good improvement onit.I play online on xbox and there is also alot of other activity on the network.Could anyone recommend me a good router
    All help is appreciated im willing to pay a good amount

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Get the cisco/linksys E4200, i've been using it for nearly a year now, it's never dropped the connection. I use 2 xboxes and a ps3 and i've open NAT on all of them. It also doubles as a media server.

Link here

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

Thanks for the reply looks good I was also recommended this router as well il take a look and make a decision some part of next week.
    http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=643

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Highly recommend Linksys routers. I've been using an E3000 since last April and it's faultless!

Four 360's connected around the house, two laptops, a PC and two iphones and it hasn't missed a beat. Never even needed to open ports on it. All the consoles have open NAT automatically.

Thanks for the reply moose when both of ye recommend it I think I will get it need something better than my one anyway ball of dirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

+1 on the Cisco router, I even named myself after them. )p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Yup, that cisco really is the best.

That DLink one you linked is a piece of crap, apparently the UI is horrible, and it's laden with firmware glitches. The cisco is a much better router, and it has no external antennae so it's looks brilliant.

Ya just some one told me the one I linked was good so I think il get the one ye are on about I need something better than my netopia

Advertisement