Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 19-22" TV with Saorview (Under 200)

Options
  • 14-01-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any TVs around 19-22" with Saorview and under €200? I'm also looking for a decent brand.

Thanks

Patrick

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

pjjk90 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know of any TVs around 19-22" with Saorview and under €200? I'm also looking for a decent brand.

Thanks

Patrick

Tesco are selling off various Toshiba,LG and Samsung 19-22 inch TVs with saorview for around the 150-170 euro mark at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tesco are selling off various Toshiba,LG and Samsung 19-22 inch TVs with saorview for around the 150-170 euro mark at the moment.

Indeed, i got a samsung 22 with saorview in tesco about 2 months ago for 149, if you need the details, i can post the model later.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Looking for something similar with a built in dvd player.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aldi have a 19" lcd/dvd combo that's saorview compatible next week 2nd February. €159.99
    Not on website yet but in the brochure.

There seems to be different terms associated with saorview in various tv advertisements. I assume if it mentions saorview at all it does not need the set top box?

• Advertisement

shangri la wrote: »
    There seems to be different terms associated with saorview in various tv advertisements. I assume if it mentions saorview at all it does not need the set top box?

Yes,if the TV box or ad for the TV says Saorview approved,then all you need is the ariel and cable to get Saorview through the TV.

You wouldnt need a saorview set top box.

Damn i didnt realise the ariel was required also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

phill106 wrote: »
    Indeed, i got a samsung 22 with saorview in tesco about 2 months ago for 149, if you need the details, i can post the model later.

thats not a bad price ! I bet they sold like hot cakes. I was in Tesco in Clearwater today didnt see any. I actually thought a lot of their tvs were quite pricey compared to powercity

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

pjjk90 wrote: »

Thanks

Patrick
    Try argos.

I bought a 22" bush in there 2 weeks ago for 130

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Post 15 of the below thread has a 22" icd for €80 today

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056354795

• Advertisement

matchthis wrote: »
    Post 15 of the below thread has a 22" icd for €80 today

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056354795

They were only getting 30 of them in,I spoke to the manager last weekend about these.Id rekon they flew out the door,but the specs on them isnt great at all.Doesnt support Saorview as its basicly only the equivelent of MPEG2

Very basic,but I suppose,what do people expact for 80 notes..

Advertisement