Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visit from an alien?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey everyone, had a really weird experience two nights ago that i'd love to get feedback on!

I was asleep, having a normal dream, when something woke me up. I was pretty dazed and confused,then as my eyes started to focus,i seen something leaning over me.

It was a kind of creamy white, tall humanoid. From what i remember it was projecting a dim light. It had extremely large, black staring eyes and some kind of metallic mask over where i assume its mouth was.

Obviously i was terrified. It was bending down towards me, so i reached up to push it away when an enormous force pushed down on me, pinning me to my bed. I couldn't move or breath. I passed out.

When i woke up it was 3:29am. I was shaking and bruises have since developed on my hands, legs and back.

Was this an alien? If so, what did it want from me?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Have you gone to a doctor regarding the bruises? Some people here will say sleep paralysis but the bruises are harder to explain.

Mod Note: No piss taking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Riamfada wrote: »
    Have you gone to a doctor regarding the bruises? Some people here will say sleep paralysis but the bruises are harder to explain.

Mod Note: No piss taking

a piss test would be the first thing i'd do......for lsd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If someone is posting here we only go off the given information. If the poster didnt state that they were on alcohol or drugs than we dont assume they were.

Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I would recommend that you first go to your GP to rule out any medical issues, your GP will deal with the matter under strict confidence. As already said, stress can cause sleep paralysis and there are numerous reasons as to why bruising can just appear which have more down to earth causes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

Ha! I'd agree.........but seriously, who here or anywhere else can say what an alien wants? I dont see the poster coming back on to contest anything......their is such thing as sleep paralysis........but the poster is saying he/she saw an alien and wants to know what it wants........i think some one is taking the piss ok........:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 actXcasual

calerbass wrote: »

Ha! I'd agree.........but seriously, who here or anywhere else can say what an alien wants? I dont see the poster coming back on to contest anything......their is such thing as sleep paralysis........but the poster is saying he/she saw an alien and wants to know what it wants........i think some one is taking the piss ok........:D

Yeah, i'm not taking the piss. It was terrifying. I was hoping there'd be someone with more knowledge of this whole alien thing that could give me feedback on it.

As for drugs, there were none in my system.

I have had sleep paralysis before and that was my first thought the next day, but it didn't really feel like it...

I bruise quite easily, so i'm used to waking up with unexplained bruises. It was more the fact that there were so many that was unusual for me.

I go to a psychologist regularly because of a family issue, but i can't say i've been hugely stressed recently. I'll talk to him about it next time.

Anyway, thanks again for reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭wishmaster200

actXcasual wrote: »
    Hey everyone, had a really weird experience two nights ago that i'd love to get feedback on!

I was asleep, having a normal dream, when something woke me up. I was pretty dazed and confused,then as my eyes started to focus,i seen something leaning over me.

It was a kind of creamy white, tall humanoid. From what i remember it was projecting a dim light. It had extremely large, black staring eyes and some kind of metallic mask over where i assume its mouth was.

Obviously i was terrified. It was bending down towards me, so i reached up to push it away when an enormous force pushed down on me, pinning me to my bed. I couldn't move or breath. I passed out.

When i woke up it was 3:29am. I was shaking and bruises have since developed on my hands, legs and back.

Was this an alien? If so, what did it want from me?

Thanks for reading!
    i had a similar encounter as well it is 100% sleep paralysis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Nameinuse

It has been reported before that people that had lucide dreams, sleep paralysis, out of body experiences, astral travel etc, had physical evidence in the form of bruises or scratches afterwards. You could have had an OBE and were able to experience things that normally are not visible to us. Maybe you were seeing hypno images while in a different state of mind. It could have a been a bit of it all. Maybe it was an incubus experience, or you had astral viewing. All possible. We are probably not the only entities in this universe, so maybe you had a glimpse. The books from William Buhlman are a good read if you want to know more about this sort of experiences

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eyesquirm

Woke up before with bruises? It's possible that this alien, or aliens in general, visit you on a regular basis, and you've never woke up before. Have you thought about setting up a video camera in the room?
    I have a dvd recorder, it will put up to 12 hours on a dvd. You could set a camera up to something like that and record the full nights sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Yeah, i'm not taking the piss. It was terrifying. I was hoping there'd be someone with more knowledge of this whole alien thing that could give me feedback on it.

As for drugs, there were none in my system.

I have had sleep paralysis before and that was my first thought the next day, but it didn't really feel like it...

I bruise quite easily, so i'm used to waking up with unexplained bruises. It was more the fact that there were so many that was unusual for me.

I go to a psychologist regularly because of a family issue, but i can't say i've been hugely stressed recently. I'll talk to him about it next time.

Anyway, thanks again for reading!
    If you bruise easily and have a history of sleep paralysis then I think you have your answer. Talking to your psychologist would certainly be a very good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

hi OP sounds terrifying!

there are so many stories of alien encounters that sound just like what you are talking about...in fact in th US there are psychologists and psychotherapists that deal solely specifically with abductees trying to make sense of their experiences..

ive never had an alien encounter but i do believe they exist, do you think this is what it was?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I have had sleep paralysis before

I bruise quite easily

I go to a psychologist regularly because of a family issue

I'm going to go with Occam's razor on this.
    Why would an alien be humanoid too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

going to echo what wishmaster has said, I had similar experience but definitely sleep paralysis. Try not to sleep on your back if it's something you suffer from regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

OP, classic case of sleep paralysis.. The pushing down on your chest, the dark figure.. Bruises could have been from anything.. You could have hurt yourself in your sleep and not know it. I used to always get it - trust me, I know how scary it can be when you don't know what it is. It's probably due to stress..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

My first thought was sleep paralysis and I don't see anything to defer from this. the fact that you bruise easilly could mean that tossing and turning later cause those.

Also, if it happens again, will you ask them if their starship covers the vast distances in space by either Warp Drive, Worm Hole or FTL technology? My money is on wormhole tech really!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

OP, unfortunately noone here will be able to tell you conclusively what this was. We can only suggest and give opinions. But its always best (and I say this repeatedly here) that you dont stress about it or wonder what 'it' wanted. It doesnt matter. It was an experience. Unless it repeats you really have nothing to worry about. Chalk it up to experience, but also mention it to your psychologist. Not that I think its a psychological problem but they may have insight into this kind of episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭CuAnnan

You should get yourself checked for this. I'm ADNFLE, it's mostly harmless, but can cause weirdness.

Advertisement