Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody seen John Deasy TD?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Richard Bruton, Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, came to Waterford yesterday to announce 220 jobs at the new call centre company Eishtech (thank God) but try as I might see on the RTE news there was no sign of our John. I could see Paudie Coffey and Ciara Conway (even though she's not Fine Gael) doughnutted around the Minister but no John Deasy. Perhaps someone might enlighten me if he was there for the announcement photo call.

Now I know that he might claim that he is really only interested in the west County but Dungarvan based Ciara Conway doesn't see it that way. Does he not represent all his constituents or is he just being selective? Come to think about it does he ever visit Waterford at all? I certainly haven't seen him in any photos in the Munster Express or the other papers in recent times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

John likes to remain in the shadows it's what he does best.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

decies wrote: »
    John likes to remain in the shadows it's what he does best.

Hes a vampire? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Bards

John is on record giving out about the ida and all the jobs are going to wateford city and none to dungarvan. I think John should turn towards the west and not the east and say all the jobs are going to cork and none to waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

John doesn't have to work for his job. He is FG nobility in Waterford at least and so will always get the core fg support in the county and city. It's an "I voted for his Father and You'll vote for his son" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

Had a check down the back of my sofa and no sign of him down there either lads. Where did ye last have him and we'll retrace yer steps from there ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

He's waiting in the long grass for Fine gael to feck up so he can be the first to get the boot in.. His Father was the same.. its a case of "what monkey see monkey do"..

3598104048_9e04d4aab9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

He doesnt do the whole hogging the cameras bit. Anyone that knows John Deasy will know that he is the last person in Ireland to seek out a camera (or a microphone), just to get his mug in the local papers!!

One example I would give you is, during a discussion at this weeks co council meeting he was singled out for praise especially from the Fianna Fail party, for the work that he is currently doing re the issue of Illegal Irish in America. It was stated (by one FF'er) that "NO OTHER POLITICIAN IN IRELAND IS DOING AS MUCH WORK ON THEIR BEHALF THAN JOHN DEASY."

But hey, if ye would much prefer your TDs to be media junkies who think that if they have their picture taken next a Minister or Party Leader, that they are somehow making a difference, so be it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tonytonytony

He doesnt do the whole hogging the cameras bit. Anyone that knows John Deasy will know that he is the last person in Ireland to seek out a camera (or a microphone), just to get his mug in the local papers!!

One example I would give you is, during a discussion at this weeks co council meeting he was singled out for praise especially from the Fianna Fail party, for the work that he is currently doing re the issue of Illegal Irish in America. It was stated (by one FF'er) that "NO OTHER POLITICIAN IN IRELAND IS DOING AS MUCH WORK ON THEIR BEHALF THAN JOHN DEASY."

But hey, if ye would much prefer your TDs to be media junkies who think that if they have their picture taken next a Minister or Party Leader, that they are somehow making a difference, so be it!!

This ^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

So he is not in the Betty Ford Center then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Ive no issues with the Illegal Irishin the USA other then I doubt one person in Waterford who voted for Deasy voted for him to work on behalf of the Illegal Irish in the USA.

This may come as a suprise to John but people who voted for him actually thought he would be working on their behalf in this County.

But hey Smiley, if you prefer your TD to be working with people who are actually breaking the laws in an other Country, so be it !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Silverado wrote: »
    Richard Bruton, Minister for Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation, came to Waterford yesterday to announce 220 jobs at the new call centre company Eishtech (thank God) but try as I might see on the RTE news there was no sign of our John. I could see Paudie Coffey and Ciara Conway (even though she's not Fine Gael) doughnutted around the Minister but no John Deasy. Perhaps someone might enlighten me if he was there for the announcement photo call.

Meanwhile on the new jobs thread those TDs are being slated for turning up for the photo shoot.

Ah, ye just can't win.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I'm surprised nobody has figured out we have a county councilor posting on these parts! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Is this a wind up? I dont give two fecks about the Illegal Irish in America and I seriously doubt anybody else in Recession Ridden Waterford does. Honestly is this a wind up????

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

has anybody seen john halligan around???
    havent heard much of him since he was elected!!!

promises promises promises...ME ARSE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sully wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody has figured out we have a county councilor posting on these parts! :)
    Oh I've known :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

has anybody seen john halligan around???
    havent heard much of him since he was elected!!!

promises promises promises...ME ARSE

Met him in Morris's the other day, so he is alive and well anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

He doesnt do the whole hogging the cameras bit.

Maybe Ciara, Paudie and John who are new enough TD's could take a leaf out of his book. They love the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

What's his funeral count, that's all that really matters, right?

Advertisement