Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colief - what is the best way to make up bottles in advance

• 14-01-2012 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

just wondering can anyone who has used colief give me any advice on the best way of making up the bottles. our PHN has recommend we try it - we dont know if our wee man has trapped wind or colic or what it is. we've tried the infacol but hasnt really made any difference.

i am just trying to work out what is the best way to make up the bottles seeing as we have to add the colief into them in advance.

we have been making up 6 bottles every evening to last the 24 hours and storing them in the fridge. we still have 2 left for today - do i need to dump them now as it says to add the colief when they are warm and half hour before feed? any advice about the best way to make them would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

When i was making ours it was 4 drops for short-term storage (within a few hours) or 2 drops for overnight storage.. i used to make them up the night before with 2 drops and use them the next day as usual.. it just takes a while for the drops to break down the lactose.. but once it's in you just use them as normal. . making up the night before is better cos it was nearly €20 for the little bottle so it made sense to just use the 2 .. hope it's some help.

Advertisement