Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guys with piercings

• 14-01-2012 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hey guys and maybe more more so girls what do you think of guys with piercings, is it tacky etc. I know if you really want something you shouldn't care what others think but in general what do you guys/girls think of guys with piercings. I really want something like this :)http://tiny.cc/vd45d, thanks for any contributions guys, I didn't want to put this in After hours for obvious reasons :)

Comments

Piercings like the one in the picture I like, but the footballer-type bling ones would be a real turn off. I guess like most things it's about what style you like.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

State of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Hey guys and maybe more more so girls what do you think of guys with piercings, is it tacky etc. I know if you really want something you shouldn't care what others think but in general what do you guys/girls think of guys with piercings. I really want something like this :)http://tiny.cc/vd45d, thanks for any contributions guys, I didn't want to put this in After hours for obvious reasons :)

Yes please!! I like a guy with piercings, but proper piercings as opposed to the big diamante earring thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I think guys look good with piercings. If you want that particular piercing then go for it :D

I have a few piercings as well so I guess I'm slightly biased though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I find that piercings can depend on the person. They really suit some guys and look ridiculous on others. Style, looks, and grooming all play a part in that for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

thefly wrote: »
    State of that
    Love you too :D
    Thanks for the responses Guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Be careful if you decide to stretch your ear.
    Go to a reputable studio (not georges street arcade) and take heed of everything they tell you.

That pic looks about 6mm. That should take you about a year to get to if you don't already have your ears pierced and about 6 months if you do.

Don't stretch too fast, look up blow outs and keloids and you'll see why. :)

Me, I use to have a few piercings. Subtle is best, nothing worse than people with metal and cheap plastic hanging off them.
    I just got tired of cleaning them so I took all of mine out.
    People that don't clean their piercings make me sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stretched ears are absolutely horrible imo, but I don't mind a few ear piercings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I have my nipple pierced buy its more for pleasure than fashion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Its objective. If you want it and think you'll suit it, go for it! I don't dress for men, I dress for myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

That piercing looks lovely. Piercings on guys are awesome. I'd agree with the footballer diamantes being a turn off though

CianRyan wrote: »
    Go to a reputable studio (not georges street arcade) and take heed of everything they tell you.

That pic looks about 6mm. That should take you about a year to get to if you don't already have your ears pierced and about 6 months if you do.

That's wrong I'm afraid. You can go up to about a 4mm straight away with a controlled tear which isn't as bad as it sounds at all (often its better if you are unpierced before hand)

You could be up to a 6mm about 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

That's wrong I'm afraid. You can go up to about a 4mm straight away with a controlled tear which isn't as bad as it sounds at all (often its better if you are unpierced before hand)

You could be up to a 6mm about 6 months.

Yeah, that's fine if you want to end up with scar tissue and damage your ear.
    Go ahead with that kind of thing yourself but don't recommend it to others.

OP, talk to professionals about it, otherwise you'll get loads of these stories and "tips" about doing things quickly. Why would you want to go quickly? You've you whole life to stretch and your ear will thank you for doing it slowly.

I'd reccomed Snakebite on Middle Abbey Street if you're in Dublin. Otherwise of Dublin I'm not sure on, get over to the Tattooes and Piercing forum for more advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Explosions in the Sky

OP, talk to professionals about it, otherwise you'll get loads of these stories and "tips" about doing things quickly. Why would you want to go quickly? You've you whole life to stretch and your ear will thank you for doing it slowly.

I'd reccomed Snakebite on Middle Abbey Street if you're in Dublin. Otherwise of Dublin I'm not sure on, get over to the Tattooes and Piercing forum for more advice.
    Thanks for the advice, I'm not from Dublin but I live near to a few tattoo parlours, cheers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

This happened to me and I had to get plastic surgery to fix it. Just sayin'..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

Just making sure you know this is a Stretched ear not an earring? I like stretched ears on guys as long as they don't go over 10mm! Once you stay under 6-8mm they can close up once you take them out. If you don't want to go stretching your ears topman do fake ones (they're just earrings like in the picture). To be honest it just depends on how you dress/present yourself!

Snakebite is where the 4mm controlled tear was gotten :rolleyes:. It was them that suggested it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

I went straight to 4mm from normal pierced ears in one go. No problems at all and I'm now up to 8mm.

Like anything OP, it's about personal taste and choice. I find these 'What do women think of x on men' threads ridiculous. It assumes we are some kind of autonomous mass who all like the same thing, which I frankly think is insulting to women everywhere.

Anyway, you shouldn't be doing anything like that for women, it should be because you want to, and f what any others think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

16mm at the moment meself.

Piercings on me are cool because im such a hunk of a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 EasyGame

Tacky, and nothing but.

• Advertisement
Advertisement