Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPod touch help

• 14-01-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hello every1, I recently got an iPod touch as a present and I put music onto it grand but I cannot put songs from 1 album into 1 folder for example I have an album on it called dance smash and instead of havin a folder on iPod Sayn dance smash and if I click it then it shows all the artists and songs on that album mine does the opposite all the songs are spread out from that album and I have to scroll down through them all instead of them all in 1 album folder, how do I solve this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭frank9901

connect to itunes and make playlists of the songs you want together

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Darragh11

But how do u get all songs from 1 album to be in 1album folder instead of bein all spread out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

Darragh11 wrote: »
    But how do u get all songs from 1 album to be in 1album folder instead of bein all spread out

I'm not 100% what you're trying to say but from what I've gathered: you've put an album on your iPod but it it isn't appearing as an album.

What I'd suggest is go into your iPod Touch device on iTunes, go to Music, find the songs (supposed to be) on the album, highlight them all, right click on one of the highlighted songs, left click on 'Get Info' and make sure all the songs are under the exact same album title (should be about the 2nd or 3rd line). If you edit the album name, it will edit the album name for all the selected songs, thus putting them into one album for you.

:)

I'll give that a go thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Have a look under compilations. Should be under the '...' symbol

• Advertisement

Where's that? In iTunes? And u know wen u plug ur iPod into pc it starts syncing what does that mean and I've like 4 copies of every song

Where's that? In iTunes? And u know wen u plug ur iPod into pc it starts syncing what does that mean and I've like 4 copies of every song

Where to start? Right, effectively 'syncing' means taking what you have in your iTunes library (usually just parts of it) and 'copying' them onto your device. If you sync again it shouldn't make copies of files that are already on your device unless you tell it to do so. Usually you'll get a little information box asking you if you want to Overwrite, Cancel or Append (something like Eye of the Tiger becomes Eye of the Tiger1 and effectively a copy is made).

I'm not totally sure where Zapp's "..." symbol is however.

Ok I had iPod plugged in and songs from albums are all mixed up like top 4 songs could be off 1 album then next few off a diff album and so on but how do u get just the name of the album up then when u click it then it shows u the songs in that album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Ok I had iPod plugged in and songs from albums are all mixed up like top 4 songs could be off 1 album then next few off a diff album and so on but how do u get just the name of the album up then when u click it then it shows u the songs in that album
    each song has to have the same tags for album genre etc, obliviously they are wrong

So how I fix this please?

• Advertisement

do what was suggested in post 4 but it doesn't matter if you make the change in the ipod folder or just music in itunes, to select mulitple songs hold ctrl while you click each song

I should take al music off iTunes and start over album by album do u think coz I have a lot of music on iTunes and have a lot of songs to scroll through

no search for the songs, the search box is on the top right hand side

If I search the album name wil it show me just the songs in album?

mother of jesus, obviously it won't show all the songs if the tags aren't correct, search each song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Perhaps the OP could get a grown-up to help him/her with their iPod...

Please try to approach this with a bit of logic. guil is totally correct, if you have a bunch of songs that are supposed to be on one album, the information about each usually have to be identical.

So, to approach with logic, take an album that you know is in the list of songs. IF all songs on said album are by the same artist* then search the artist's name in the search bar in the top right hand corner to narrow down the results. CTRL+Left-click on the songs that you know are on said album. Right click one song and left click 'Get Info' from the menu that appears. Then edit the info such as 'Artist', 'Album Name', 'Genre', 'Year' - whatever you want - then click ok.

The songs should now be sorted into album format. Depending on the amount of songs you have to deal with, this could well be a painstaking process but if you stick with it and use a simple Google search to locate which songs are on each album you'll have a well-organised iTunes library in no time.

*If they're not you'll need to tell iTunes that it's a compilation album. But I'm sure not every single album in your iTunes library is a compilation album. Either way, you've got the method so go do it! :P

Hope this helped :)

Thanks but I don't think u know what I'm trying to do all I was is album names to appear and then if I click album all songs from that album appear but now songs from albums are all mixed up in a big list

OP we know what your trying to do, it's never gonna work properly unless you organize the music like you were told how to do it

Guil **** OFF u annoyn prick

• Advertisement

Mhmm, mature. Well, we offered our (correct imo) advice.

Don't want it? Fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Darragh11, if you ever respond in this fashion again around here, I will ban you so fast you will feel it happen.

In the meantime, place your questions in English, spell properly, do not use txtspk and be grateful for the very sage advice offered.

Advertisement