Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something I don't get about XFactor contestants

Options
  • 14-01-2012 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

How the hell do some of them stay under the radar for so long?
    In Xfactor USA, 2 of the final 3 were late 20's/early 30's, I don't see how they wouldn't have gone to an audition before, just seems a bit weird to me. I mean XFactor/Pop Idol has been running for 10 years, not once in 10 years did either of them audition?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

There have been suggestions that theses shows are rigged and that some of the ones that make it to the later rounds are groomed for success for a number of years (voice coaching etc) before being entered in the competition. Might explain it?

Also how do you know they didn't apply before but just didn't get through? They may not have had the right look on the day, nerves, had coaching since etc.

I think it would be best to not assume that everything is as it seems with these shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

juan.kerr wrote: »
    There have been suggestions that theses shows are rigged and that some of the ones that make it to the later rounds are groomed for success for a number of years (voice coaching etc) before being entered in the competition.
    How would that be rigging it?
    That's what every contestant should do before applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭trashcan

As Juan Kerr says, there have been various rumours that the producers have been well aware of some of the contestants. I read somewhere last year that all of the X Factor winners are people who have been invited to audition by the producers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

juan.kerr wrote: »
    There have been suggestions that theses shows are rigged and that some of the ones that make it to the later rounds are groomed for success for a number of years (voice coaching etc) before being entered in the competition. Might explain it?

Also how do you know they didn't apply before but just didn't get through? They may not have had the right look on the day, nerves, had coaching since etc.

I think it would be best to not assume that everything is as it seems with these shows.

they say that no complete unknown ever makes it past the early auditions on theese shows , they always have a profile of some kind or other and are known to someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I really hope the current generation of 15-year olds are watching this rubbish and plan on starting another punk rock movement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Nolanger wrote: »
    I really hope the current generation of 15-year olds are watching this rubbish and plan on starting another punk rock movement!

You say that like anyone really interested in music thinks that X Factor is significant at all, and like there isn't any punk rock movement happening right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Sinfonia wrote: »
    How would that be rigging it?
    That's what every contestant should do before applying.

Sorry, should have been clearer. The suggestion is that some of the contestants are already sighed by the show producers / Cowell's company before the TV show is ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

I remember watching it at the 'boot camp' phase last year (yes watching it, I'm seeking help) and some disgruntled also-rans were complaining that a handful seem to have already been picked out due to the amount of camera time and attention they were getting. The comments ran after the show in news reports but anyone watching would have seen themselves there was apparent truth to the statement. Ultimately though, does it matter? Does anyone really feel sorry for anyone who doesn't win the show? If someone is groomed to win the show, they're still gonna be mildly irritating at best.

Advertisement