Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On-Campus Accommodation for Mature Students?

Options
  • 14-01-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Is this a thing? Do Mature Students ever live on campus - I'm thinking for some of the bigger universities (UL, DCU, etc.)?

I'm not talking about moving in with the 1st years, but it would be really handy for me (28 and commuting back home every weekend) to be able to stay on campus during the semester. Non drinker/party-er, just looking to knuckle down and study during the week where it's quiet and close to classes.

Is it unheard of for a Mature Student to be placed in Postgrad accommodation? Does it just depend on the college?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Best thing to do would be to call the Mature Students officer in the relevant college or the post grad office.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Best thing to do would be to call the Mature Students officer in the relevant college or the post grad office.

Ah yeah, will do - was just wondering what the general feeling out there was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

Well when I was in 3rd year GMIT we had a lady living next door who was about 37ish she lived with 2 first years and 2 second years all much younger than her. Best option I think thou would be to look on Daft for people looking for Mature/post grads as it will be cheaper as well as more likely to meet older less party mad students.

Advertisement