Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clean

• 14-01-2012 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm having a bit of trouble with cleans, as I build up the weight I find I hard to get under the bar, I'm getting the bar high enough just not dropping quick enough, I think it's just a confidence thing and all in my head, just wondering if anyone has any advice that might help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Have you tried doing cleans from blocks or from the hang? Also, think about using your hips to deliver a "pulse" of force to the bar at the top and immediately relax, that cue kinda worked for me to retreat the hips but I'm still pretty slow. Also, if you're coming up on your toes and hanging around for ages in the air ("triple extension") then that'll impair your descent.

Watch the end of this guy's pull a few (hundred) times

Bar goes up, you go down!

Advertisement