Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

johnson 5.0hp fuel mix

• 14-01-2012 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

im just after picking up a Johnson 5.0hp and I cant find a thing about it.

Mod No.BJ5DRLERE
    Sn No.B09033014

Belgium

Would anyone have any ideas about this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

The ER towards the end of the model number means its a 1994 one.

You can find more information here

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/johnson/

I think the mix on these is 100:1 but you should be able to find out for sure at the link above. i am 90% sure its 100:1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I think this is what your engine is

B- like you say Belgium

j- johnson

5- hp

D- remote electric

R- rope start

L- 20" shaft

E - 9

R- 4 making it a 94 and I would run it at 50-1 mix.

E- is the model number handy if you are ordering parts.
    Hope this helps best of luck with her. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

tin79 wrote: »
    The ER towards the end of the model number means its a 1994 one.

You can find more information here

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/johnson/

I think the mix on these is 100:1 but you should be able to find out for sure at the link above. i am 90% sure its 100:1
    Thanks Tin i tried that site but I couldn't find a thing about it with either the Sn No.or the Mod No.

Sorry I had a better look over the site and found this :http://www.marineengine.com/parts/model_guide_post80.html

Fergal looks like you got it on the button again.

So would a 100:1 mix be ok ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

If it has not been run in a while you could start it up with 100-1 just to get everything lubed up but for day to day running I would go with 50-1.
    I think in the late 80's they did have stickers on them saying mix 100-1 but after a while they went back to 50-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

fergal.b wrote: »
    If it has not been run in a while you could start it up with 100-1 just to get everything lubed up but for day to day running I would go with 50-1.
    I think in the late 80's they did have stickers on them saying mix 100-1 but after a while they went back to 50-1.
    Well it had a full service in may of last year and wasn't used since then so would the 50:1 mix be ok ?

• Advertisement

damagegt wrote: »
    Well it had a full service in may of last year and wasn't used since then so would the 50:1 mix be ok ?

Yep you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

You could try readmanuals.com and pick up a cheap manual PDF for it. Should give you all the information you need.

Other than that email the manufacturers with the model and ask their opinion on the ratio.

Advertisement