Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itunes not responding from launch.

• 14-01-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭

Has anyone overcome this?
    For the last week, every time I launch iTunes, its immediately not responding and I have to close it down with task manager. I have tried launching from the desktop and also by plugging the phone in to force a launch.

This is really getting to me!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Reinstall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

biko wrote: »
    Reinstall?

That a full delete and reinstall?
    I thought of it, but didn't want to try if there was anything else first.

Just done a full uninstall/install and it is still the same.

Any plugins? Like last.fm, iLike etc.
    If so remove them.

Any plugins? Like last.fm, iLike etc.
    If so remove them.

No, nothing. Proved by it still not starting in safe mode. It does however work on my wife's profile, so appears to be user specific. I'm working through the steps now for that.

• Advertisement

I give up.
    I removed iTunes preference files, I created a new itunes library, I tried to recreate my itunes library.
    Everytime I tried to open it to effect the changes, its frozen.
    Up the wall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

same problem here , windows vista

Im windows 7, dont know what to do now. Doing a second uninstall now out of desperation.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Im windows 7, dont know what to do now. Doing a second uninstall now out of desperation.

Aaaaaaaaaand that made no difference.

iTunes is probably not removed completely so whatever causes the issue isn't actually removed.

Use this to remove everything. The install a fresh copy.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

Also update your Windows, it could be Windows drivers causing this.

• Advertisement

iTunes is probably not removed completely so whatever causes the issue isn't actually removed.

Use this to remove everything. The install a fresh copy.
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1925

Also update your Windows, it could be Windows drivers causing this.

Thanks for your help Biko. Updated every windows update available, no good.
    Done the complete removal that you linked to, and still the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Back up everything. Reinstall windows. Not ideal. But maybe what you have to do.

Or

When I had the beta of iTunes 10 I also had the same problem. Tried everything. it seemed to be a common vista problem at the time.
    The only fix I found was to instal iTunes on a separate user account. And copy my music over. It worked but done my head in. Eventually when the public version came out it was fixed and I could open it again in my actual account.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its windows 7 im on not vista , (Just the PC upstairs only rarely us it as I use mac)

I have followed apples guidelines on how to uninstall Itunes completely and all of its components , done all the latest updates for Windows and it still becomes unresponsive after the reinstall of itunes.

This only stated to happen when I upgraded to 10.5.2 so I could restore my apple TV !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭ArklowHoop

I had to downgrade to iTunes 9,then upgrade again and open it in compatibility mode and it fixed my problem.

Advertisement