Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying in university of edinburgh

• 14-01-2012 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi im a 6th year student. Just after sending off my ucas. Hoping to do maths in edinburgh. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the uni, advice to give etc. Also how diificult is it to get in. Im a good student with predicted grades of 5a and 1. Do i stand a chance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

Fabulous uni, excellent facilities not like the penny pinching Irish ones. Lovely city and not really really expensive

Defo have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ericconeally

You stand as good a chance as anyone else has of gaining entry into The University of Edinburgh. Just keep the head down and put in the effort. I studied at Edinburgh Uni for 2 years. I would highly recommend it as a University choice. The college is one of most prestigious in the UK and attracts some very good students. I have traveled and lived in numerous cities in USA, Australia, Aisa and Europe and can without doubt say Edinburgh is my favorite city of the lot. It really is a magical city especially in the winter when it snows! The city is quite compact, easy to get around and a fantastic place to party. I would highly advise you to stay focused and get the results because Edinburgh University will provide you with excellent opportunities. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

Hi!

I'm also after applying to Napier through UCAS. but i'm applying to go onto the third and final year of a course , so basically i'm transferring for my final year....

Does anyoe have advice or knowledge if it is harder to gain entry???
    I've met all the requirements and gotten valuable references....
    But while I was calling the College for information, some woman on the Admissions desk told me that I'd have "No Chance!" of getting the course I wanted as they have a lot of applicants....

Slightly worried here!!

Ps- OP, Lived in Edinburgh before..it's such a gorgeous city I just can't wait to go back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

sounds like your grades are fine, but it'll probably depend on your personal statement etc. I'm also hoping to get into Edinburgh, to study neuroscience. Got an email today to say they'd have made decisions on all the science applicants by the end of the month. My predicted grades are probably around the same as yours, I don't know what they are exactly but I'm pretty sure I'd be predicted at least 5 As, hoping they'd predict me 6 or 7 though actually achieving that would be quite a long shot. :P
    Best of luck with getting in, it seems like such a great university! I'm scared every time I check my email. :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

best of luck everyone xxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement