Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from after hours

Options
  • 14-01-2012 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

I have been banned from after hours very unreasonably.

I received no infractions, no warnings, nothing. I was told I was permanently banned because the moderator felt that they did not "need me around" after hours.

I have been reading boards forums for a long time and only recently decided to open an account.

From my experience after hours is a fun forum where people are constantly making flippant often controversial comments. I believe my comments were no worse than any other you would find on after hours.

The moderator told me they thralled through me posting history and did not like the cut of my jib so decided to ban me permanently. Just like that. I feel this ban is completely uncalled for.

The moderator did highlight one post of mine which they found particularly distasteful. This post refereed to my beliefs regarding homosexuality. I understand that my position may be unpopular but I would like to point out that I was not crude, derogatory or abusive in that post I was merely stating a firmly held yet unpopular belief of mine.

I believe the moderator was offended by my position on homosexuality and permanently banned me as a consequence. This is completely unacceptable.

With the greatest respect I would like my ban to be lifted please and for this wrong to be righted.

I have contacted the mod:El Pistolero and they were unable or unwilling to engage with me and recommend that I take my grievance here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, you do have a couple of previous bans, Captain, including one from one from AH ... in the space of two months.

That might perhaps have served as a warning? ... not to mention the bans and infractions from other forums!

And having read back over your posts just there, I can see why the mod was concerned. In fact, the only thing that surprises me is that you slipped under the radar to the extent that you did up to now.

However, I must beg to defer further detailed discussion of these points for the moment, pending an admin review of your account.

You see, there's something very familiar about the name ... and about your posting style and the content of certain of your posts. Something very familiar indeed!

Now this could of course be simply coincidence, but before engaging in this process more fully, I would like to be assured that it is in fact worthwhile to do so.

Thank you for your forbearance! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Captain McDuck

Thank you for taking the time to engage with me.

I believe that my initial bans when I joined the site were a result of people misinterpreting my unique and often popular sense of humour. Realising that these post were unwelcome in certain fora I confined myself to only posing comedic remarks in after hours.

After Hours, as I have stated before, is full of posters making silly comments. I just can't understand why I have been picked out of the crowd and victimised like this. I have my suspicions that some left leaning moderators merely dislike my stance on some issues and have banned because I have gone against the grain on occasion. This is not even handed moderation this is censorship.

You don't see Christians being banned for holding similar beliefs do you?

Only this morning there are a number of fora active in after hours where posters are using the most outrageous language while making obscene comments which are all going un punished. Why is After Hours generally a free for all for most and not for others?

Lastly; I don't fully understand what you mean when you say you are familiar with my account? I know some clown took offence by my stance on the unemployed and as a result maliciously opened an account with a name practically identical to my account name and immediately got himself site banned in attempt, presumably, to besmirch my good name.

I look forward to this issue being resolved to all your satisfaction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement