Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Present

Options
  • 14-01-2012 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am looking for some recommendations to give a good friend who got engaged recently. They already have their own house so I am at a loss as to what to get them..... Would be grateful for some ideas, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Vouchers for nice restaurants always goes down a treat!

A nice journal type thing for them to put their wedding plans into

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we gave received a tea set and a casserole dish.

personally, i dont believe in engagement presents or parties.

the restaurant voucher is a good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I was going to put a new thread on, but thought I may as well tag on this thread! We have been invited to an engagement party in a pub with buffet food, it is a colleague of my husbands, he would be quite close to her, but I don’t know her at all, so know nothing about her taste. The restaurant voucher sounds like a good idea, without being crass, how much should I get it for? Would €40 be a bit miserable? €50 just seems like a lot at the moment!

Advertisement