Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hand smack for tweezing eyebrows

• 14-01-2012 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭

The last time i was getting my eyebrows waxed, beutician says to me
    "have you been plucking those eyebrows" as if im not aloud to do it lol..

i suppose its better to leave them,, but when your shorta few bob to get then done its handy to DIY....Isnt it ????:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I always pluck my own eyebrows, as in I've never had them done professionally, ever. I think they look fine, and when I was having my make up done once, the MUA said my eyebrows are a great shape so works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I never pluck my own eye brows, tried it a few times, but always took too much hair off either one or both of them.

I get them waxed once a month, it's much less painful than plucking I find. Over in a few seconds. Although sometimes the beautician needs to pluck a few stray hairs which I find very painful. I always have water running from my eyes when plucking the brows, whether I pluck them or get it done professionally. :o

As for threading - tried it once - never again - the pain was awful. :eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

There's nothing wrong with plucking them, but you can overdo it if you don't know what you're doing. I get mine waxed once in a blue moon just for the heck of it, then I try to keep up the shape with plucking it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Nothing wrong with plucking when it's done right. Nothing more frustrating than a client coming in looking for miricles after they ran amuck with a tweezers.

Never do my own brows, always have them threaded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

I get them threaded now where i live it is more common although it does make me feel sick ...cos of the scratching uuh!:eek:

but when I do have them done i just follow long..but any way i think its best for me to stick with getting them proffessionally done,,as i have a horrific memory of how my eyebrows were as a 16 year old,,from plucking omg:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I only pluck mine where there are obviously out of place hairs, and to stop the unibrow :D

I haven't shaped them myself in about 4 years, always leave that to the professionals as I know I'll overdo it or else have uneven brows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mc Kenzie wrote: »
    i have a horrific memory of how my eyebrows were as a 16 year old,,from plucking omg:D
    +1.

I remember when I was younger and wanted to be like a grown up (having hear various family members talk about their brows) so I decided to have a pop at my own - I shaved one off :D:o

Another time I used black marker on one for some 'colour' :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

at least im not the only one :D...

ah beauty crisis of a teen ....only to name but a few lol

Advertisement