Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A2 & A3 Frames

• 14-01-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but wasn't sure where else to put it. Looking to get some affordable A2 (59.4 x 42 cm) and A3 (42 x 29 cm) frames.

Frustrating that big shops such as IKEA don't do these size as they are so common for prints. Anyone know somewhere in Dublin or online that I can pick these up? Don't think I can afford to go to a proper framers.

IKEA do 70x50 and 50x40 which are closest for the A2.

They do a 40x30 clip-frame which is closet to A3 but would need to lose a bit off the top/bottom to fit it in.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Rory in rathoath, Ill dig his number out and PM you, he does top notch work for feck all and what ever size you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Rory in rathoath, Ill dig his number out and PM you, he does top notch work for feck all and what ever size you want.

Would be much appreciated. Roughly what price would it be for an A2 or A3 frame?

Think for a 12x8 print in a frame of 15x11 or something (same as IKEA) for 6euro, but he'll make whatever you want, cool guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

These guys in Inchicore stock Kenro frames and I know you can get them in A3 and A3+.

Don't worry about the trade login and all that lark, it's not necessary.

http://www.jmphoto.ie/index.php

You can checkout the Kenro range at their website -

http://www.kenro.co.uk/

jpb1974 wrote: »
    These guys in Inchicore stock Kenro frames and I know you can get them in A3 and A3+.

Don't worry about the trade login and all that lark, it's not necessary.

http://www.jmphoto.ie/index.php

You can checkout the Kenro range at their website -

http://www.kenro.co.uk/

Thanks, but it looks like they only sell them in packs of six? I need two A2 and four A3. I'll ring them on Monday anyway and check it out.
    Think for a 12x8 print in a frame of 15x11 or something (same as IKEA) for 6euro, but he'll make whatever you want, cool guy.

Wow, sounds perfect!

• Advertisement

They'll sort you out with whatever you want. You don't have to buy bulk.

They'll sort you out with whatever you want. You don't have to buy bulk.

Cool - I've emailed them. Any idea how much they are?

Think I paid about €22 (inc VAT) for the A3+ 'Ambassador' model at the time (circa 12 months ago).

PM sent

PM sent

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭ValueInIreland

Think I paid about €22 (inc VAT) for the A3+ 'Ambassador' model at the time (circa 12 months ago).

They emailed me saying they only sell to trade, not to the general public.

They emailed me saying they only sell to trade, not to the general public.

Sorry about that. I bought from them before, I called directly to their premises and there were no issues. Seems their policy has changed.

Sorry about that. I bought from them before, I called directly to their premises and there were no issues. Seems their policy has changed.

No worries, thanks anyway. Reeds do A2 and A3 frames, are they any use ?

He's not answering calls/texts for some reason.

I've been quoted 100 and 120 so far for basic A2 framing/mounting. Seems extremely expensive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

100 might not be expensive if its a custom job

what was being discussed in the thread tto start with was ready made frames that you would assemble yourself, with or without a mount etc

now if you go to a framer who is going to drymount the print, cut window mounts etc, and custom make frames, thats a whole lot of work etc, and not the same as you buying a frame and taking it away

now if all you want to do is buy a frame, clean the glass, mount the print, assemble and tape etc. for someone who hasnt done it before then it will take you anything from 20 mins to an hour

stcstc wrote: »
    100 might not be expensive if its a custom job

what was being discussed in the thread tto start with was ready made frames that you would assemble yourself, with or without a mount etc

now if you go to a framer who is going to drymount the print, cut window mounts etc, and custom make frames, thats a whole lot of work etc, and not the same as you buying a frame and taking it away

now if all you want to do is buy a frame, clean the glass, mount the print, assemble and tape etc. for someone who hasnt done it before then it will take you anything from 20 mins to an hour

I'm well aware of the difference between buying a readymade frame and having one made. I know how time consuming it is and that it costs a lot more. But a starting price of 100-120 for an A2 frame still seems expensive to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

i guess it depends what the starting spec is from the particular framer

my starting wouldnt be that high, but i can imagine it easily done as a starting point

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cathalod

Have a look at www.framesetc.ie or find them on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/framesetcetera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 daraclare

Hi, I know this thread is from years ago, but I was hoping to get the contact details for Rory in Ratoath who does frames? Need a good few new frames of all sizes, thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement